Visa Stamp Enquiry (Help Needed)

kaleb

Registered
Firstly Thanks for providing this forumboard for guys like me, Ive been searching everywhere for help today regarding this stamp. I spent a night in Colonia and when I returned to Argentina they stamped my passport however Im not sure what they wrote at the bottom and what it means. Thank you so much.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that means you're allowed to stay in the country legally until June 9th, which is weird because it should be until September 9th if you're on a tourist visa. Maybe the guy who stamped your passport made a mistake? I would go to Migraciones and check, just to make sure...

They seem to have checked the temporary residency box. Do you have a DNI? For tourists they check the TA box and write "90 días" under it. I have a ton of trips to Uruguay under my belt, but I can't say I've ever seen anything like this. "Hasta" means until, but I don't know what "R/T hasta P/6/2014" is supposed to mean. Never seen anything like it.

Thank you for the responses.Do you think its possible that the day and month are inverted?so the guy wrote the month 1st and day 2nd?

They seem to have checked the temporary residency box. Do you have a DNI? For tourists they check the TA box and write "90 días" under it. I have a ton of trips to Uruguay under my belt, but I can't say I've ever seen anything like this. "Hasta" means until, but I don't know what "R/T hasta P/6/2014" is supposed to mean. Never seen anything like it.

I actually saw this many, many times. It's very common for them to write "Hasta..." + the date. But it should be 3 months, not 1 day.

I don't think it's P/6, it's definitely 9/6, June 9th. The numbers are definitely NOT inverted - no one in Argentina would ever consider writing the month first.

I asked if its is inverted as 6th sept is exactly 90 days from now

Why do Argentines write their 9s backwards? I've noticed a lot of people do this and it bothers me so much more than it should...

I actually think the numbers may have been inverted - I know it's not customary, but I seriously doubt he was trying to give you a 1 day pass. Unless he specifically told you something? If they frown upon Colonia runs (which it seems they do) then you'd expect them to say something. If he wrote the date and made no mention of it, then he may have just been trying to write it American style so you could understand or made a mistake. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Worst case scenario you pay the 300 peso fine when you leave.

Why do Argentines write their 9s backwards? I've noticed a lot of people do this and it bothers me so much more than it should...

I actually think the numbers may have been inverted - I know it's not customary, but I seriously doubt he was trying to give you a 1 day pass. Unless he specifically told you something? If they frown upon Colonia runs (which it seems they do) then you'd expect them to say something. If he wrote the date and made no mention of it, then he may have just been trying to write it American style so you could understand or made a mistake. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Worst case scenario you pay the 300 peso fine when you leave.
He never mentioned anything all he asked was staying,I plan on getting married to my girlfriend(Argentinian) in Sept I just dont wany any complications.

Back