visiting BA

nychic

Registered
Hello out there,

In mid-October I'll be coming to BA for 2 weeks (1st time visit) & am looking for some serious answers:

what's the best cafes/bars to meet up with expats?
want to take a drawing studio class? where would u suggest? Name, location, cost
best spa for an indulgent massage/facial treatment?
your favorite thing to relax? for an authentic BA experience?

this is an informal survey (just kidding),
regards from ny,
S

Ok - Serious attempt at answering

1. Where will you be staying in BsAs ?
2. What age group of Ex-Pats do you want to meet up with? (Not an ageist question at all, but I'm guessing that different ages, have different ideas of the best bars etc...).

nychic said:
want to take a drawing studio class? where would u suggest? Name, location, cost

I recommend a good friend of mine who has a studio in Palermo Hollywood.
Her resume is here : http://www.artemercosur.org.uy/rank/ombu/english/rank.html
She has been living in NYC for +10 years so she is fluent in english.

I am not sure about the rates but I believe she charges 200 pesos per month for one or two classes per week (therefore that would be less for two weeks unless you want something intensive).

To reach her, call 4774-7167 from BA (+541147747167 from NY)
or by email [email protected]

She is really an exceptional human being, her facebook page is here :
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010067797&v=wall&ref=sgm

you're right, specifics are in order. I'm a lively middle-aged woman who'd love to meet English-speaking expats in BA. Staying in an ap't in Palermo Soho. Also looking for an indulgent day spa. Just discovered Aqua Vita is closed for repairs.

thanks everyone for any suggestions: favorite place(s) to unwind and get authentic BsAs experiences.

Susan

Well Susan, as a lively middle aged man, wih an Argentine Girlfriend, just in case that gets mis-interpreted, there are a bunch of us like minded souls who head out most Fridays for Frinks around the town, and you would be more than welcome to join us anytime while you are in town. If you would like to PM me with details as to arrival dates etc., I can fill you in with where we are likely to be.

I'll leave it to others to recommend spa's etc., not quite my cup of tea! But, San Telmo is a great place to find that BsAs Experience, with Tango at the top of most peoples lists, along with architecture, and fun.

welcome (soon) to BsAs! I arrange a local horse riding club every weekend for small groups of expats!

Check out my posts and you'll see details! Great way to meet new people as well as learn to ride properly! The ranch is featured on Trip Advisor. Price is 70 US $ which includes tranport!

[email protected]

ciao

Thanks Liam. I'll be in BA Oct. 15th & 22nd. Do you know where Frinks will be held on those dates? I'd love to meet expats, personally & for my article!

S

Regarding spas, there is one very well known, I dont know about the prices, check it out:

SPA Tamara Di Tella Laprida 1120, Capital, Tel: 4961-6727 y 4961-5324. email: [email protected]

nychic said:
Thanks Liam. I'll be in BA Oct. 15th & 22nd. Do you know where Frinks will be held on those dates? I'd love to meet expats, personally & for my article!

S

Will let you know - We're not a bad bunch here - we'll make you feel welcome.

Roxana,
By spa, meant steam/sauna and massages: oasis of calm/beauty in the bustle of BA.
there must be several (aqua vita is closed for renovations) or at least a need for one.

Back