Waiting in line at the supermarket

Well...I like ordering online b/c I'm not one of those organized shoppers that has a list. I like to browse and see what is available and then usually go "Oh...right, I should buy that"

And given my refrigerator currently has 2 yogurts, a bottle of wine, a diet coke and some margarine, I need to order uh.... everything:eek:

Talking about this waiting in line reminded me ....a few years back we were at Jumbo's on the 23rd of December....make note to NEVER shop on that day....anyway the family had to do last minute shopping and we ended up there after the gifts were purchased....2 HOURS IN LINE!!!! Everyone of the what...50 checkers were going...it was insane!!! Yes, the ONLY solution is to have someone other than the cashier bag the groceries...they don't have the system down for sure and frankly I don't think they want to....

I saw in the leader price in San Telmo that there is a special counter for someone with less then 10 items, that's pretty nice, but I useally buy more

Do you remember the grocery store that was that same location on Independencia before Leader Price?

Do you know how to request the reports on how many times they were robbed in any given month/year?

EvergreenGal said:
Yes, the ONLY solution is to have someone other than the cashier bag the groceries...they don't have the system down for sure and frankly I don't think they want to....
But there are a few supermarkets with baggers, at least out here, although they are rare and aren't there every day.

In the 'Atomo' where I do most of my shopping outside Mercado Central, they call in young relatives of the staff on days known in advance to be busy, e.g. in the day(s) before Christmas, Easter, feriados and the like - although, for unknown reasons, not on my birthday :D cannot fathom why not, must write a strong letter to The Times about that :cool:

Guess you are right, they don't want to - probably because it adds to costs.

Santi said:
Good point! .... but learning by doing is not bad either ;-)

Honestly, I prefer to walk to the market and have a look at the stuff I buy.

I also like to walk to the market and have a look at what's there for inspiration.

But I do order online. I order the heavy stuff & things that keep; water & drinks, paper & cleaning products, wine if I know what I want, & yogurt because it's the only place that will always have the plain yogurt without sugar. If I try to get it at the shop I find that most of the time they don't have the one without sugar.

Every now & then, I also order from Tallo Verde.

Napoleon said:
Add to all of this the fact that I bought AR$188 worth of groceries Wednesday at a DISCO with a Citibank CC (10% discount day) and I didn't get my discount.

Hi Napoleon, I believe the discount shows up on your CC statement. If not, there might be a problem with where it was issued? I've often wondered about this myself with the supermarket discounts. Does it have to be an Argentine-issued Citibank CC?

Allcraz & Napoleon....for Coto's I know for a fact US cards will do the discount...the only thing is that our debit card shows as a credit card in their system...that happened at Disco too...something to do with the numbers on the cards...so IF you shop when it's either...credit or debit card discount day as we try to do it works just fine..and it does show on the receipt they give you. That's Saturday's at most Coto's...but check your local one as they are all different.

Don't knock seemingly endless ruminating on a check out line. Especially if you've got nothing better to do. You just need to practice napping while standing up.

Back