Waiting in line at the supermarket

At the Carrefour on Vicente Lopez there are ALWAYS long lines except Sunday mornings until 10 when there are NO lines. Try Sunday mornings.

Santi said:
Oh yeah, I had a great experience at Jumbo where all lines were busy and the 10-item line completely free. I had maybe 15 items but the lady prefered staring at customers rather than helping out her colleagues .... must be a specifical benefit for the employees to be assigned to the 10-items & relax line.

Excellent, so here is the idea:
No matter how many things you have in your cart, just go to the Caja Rapida line and pay 10 items at a time. While you're at it, break all your big bills, and don't pay with the monedas you recieve for your vuelto. BOOM :eek:

LOVE IT!!! What a great idea EvanB!!! Will either get you out of there in a hurry or thrown out of the Caja Rapida right quick!!!

I've actually noticed at the two Discos near me that sometimes the Caja Rapida line is often the longest line by an order of magn. of 5 or more, and i often get checked out faster in the regular lines. It's as if there is a blind faith that their line will move faster, despite the fact that the second cashier is on break or otherwise not there.

The real problem is that there is no competitor chain with short waits, and no real demand for one. Until the people demand it by shopping in Chinatown or a more efficient competitor opens and steals their business, things will not improve.

But as many have said, it's part of what makes living here different. We must simply adapt (or fix the problem ourselves, hahahaha).

Back