Wanting To Buy Vitamix Or Blendtec Blender

Ceviche -

I've had my eye on one of these for a while now. Is it really 'silenciosa', like it says on the website? How does it compare to a Vitamix, do you know?

Thanks.

well, its not exactly "pin drop silence". you still have noise but noise levels are generally reduced.

Blendtec and Vitamix have their own plus and minueses. Lot of online discussions online about it. I am not sure if their is a official agent of vitamix here. But since blendtec has official rep. here, I went ahead and bought it.

I phoned them to find out the prices. It's something like $1,200 USD for the cheaper model and $1,600 USD for the other one (sorry I didn't write the exact amount, I was laughing too hard). I think I'm OK with the two blenders I have.

"I phoned them to find out the prices. It's something like $1,200 USD for the cheaper model and $1,600 USD for the other one (sorry I didn't write the exact amount, I was laughing too hard). I think I'm OK with the two blenders I have."

For the vitamix?

they have agents here:
https://www.vitamix.com/International.aspx?country=ar

"I phoned them to find out the prices. It's something like $1,200 USD for the cheaper model and $1,600 USD for the other one (sorry I didn't write the exact amount, I was laughing too hard). I think I'm OK with the two blenders I have."

For the vitamix?

they have agents here:
https://www.vitamix....aspx?country=ar
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]It's something like $1,200 USD for the cheaper model and $1,600 USD[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Wholy lord, is it made in Germany ? Those prices must include the _over - engineered status_ of anyting Germans![/background]

For the vitamix?

they have agents here:
https://www.vitamix....aspx?country=ar

No, for the Blendtec. From the link above:

"Para el Hogar

Lo sentimos. Los productos Vitamix para el hogar no están disponibles actualmente en su país."

I guess I could try the agents that sell to businesses but - having checked into Vitamix blenders here many times in the years since I have been here - I know that the prices would also be ridiculous so I did not waste my time. I've also heard anecdotally that it's much easier to get replacement parts/ service for Blendtec here in Argentina.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]It's something like $1,200 USD for the cheaper model and $1,600 USD[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Wholy lord, is it made in Germany ? Those prices must include the _over - engineered status_ of anyting Germans![/background]

Why innovate when you can tax?

The price is quoted in US$ and payable at bank at official rate.

almost double the US prices.

But keep in mind that they are selling high end commercial machines which are being used in Starbucks and Mcdonalds.

I had thought a lot about it before buying it last year. Ultimately , i did buy it and have not regretted. Recently, their was a problem and instead of repairing it they just gave me a new blender.

The ones from USA will not perform the same here despite using a converter. Yr best bet is to get one from Europe in your suitcase, but it will have no warranty in Argentina.

I think it had cost me about 110000 pesos in April last year. I have used it twice daily since then and its been money's worth.

Hi there,
thought I chime in since I came across this US groupon deal a couple of days ago
I personally have a Blentec which works great with the large heavy transformer - It sounds a bit louder than when the motor runs on a 110 - but it still perform fine.
Anyhow thought I post the link for anybody that might travel soon or is there:)

http://www.groupon.c...itioned-blender

Mitra

Ceviche -

Even at the official rate, this is ludicrous (for me), and I cook and prepare basic ingredients from scratch a LOT. My 1000W blender from Philips is really not so bad, and it cost me something like 400 pesos a few years ago.

I understand that high end machines are more expensive - hence not even bothering with a call to Vitamix - but $1,200 for a blender for home use is just insane (the $1,200 model, which lacks the covering to mute the noise - that is literally the only difference, according to the salesgirl - is expressly for home use). Obviously, even in the US a Vitamix is a splurge and not within everyone's reach, but this is just something else. I have no doubt that for those who feel that the price is right, it's a good investment. I'm pleased to hear about their great customer service, at least.

Back