Watched A Nice Argentine Movie

Like everyone who has seen it, I loved [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Nueve Reinas[/background], but another favourite I haven't seen mentioned yet is Plata Quemada. A rather dark tale, it's the true story of a pair of gay bank robbers in 1960s Buenos Aires. The sort of tale Hollywood would probably turn into a comedy, this is anything but. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I found it gripping and it did win a lot of awards.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0227277/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks to all the other posters for their suggestions.[/background]

Saw a very nice Colombian movie, edge of the seat thriller.

Maria-- Full of Grace.

Its a story of a 17 year old girl recruited as a fresh recruit/"mule" in Colombia

Recommended to all.

On my flight from LAX to Lima, I was pleasantly surprised with the Paraguayan film Siete Cajas, set mostly in Asunción's Mercado Cuatro (where Anthony Bourdain ate on his recent TV program. It's a bit grisly on occasion, but compensates with some dark humor and the best chase scenes in quite some time.

Another great Arg movie is Dos más dos - about two couples that swap partners. Funny and dramatic. Worth watching!

Saw a very nice Colombian movie, edge of the seat thriller.

Maria-- Full of Grace.

Its a story of a 17 year old girl recruited as a fresh recruit/"mule" in Colombia

Recommended to all.

you can watch this one on TouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1u_I6xeFbI

I finally went and saw Relatos Salvajes a couple of weeks ago. Great film! I enjoyed it, particularly Ricardo Darin's portion of the movie. That and the the two guys "dueling" around their cars in the desert were my favorite parts. The wedding was pretty funny too.

I finally went and saw Relatos Salvajes a couple of weeks ago. Great film! I enjoyed it, particularly Ricardo Darin's portion of the movie. That and the the two guys "dueling" around their cars in the desert were my favorite parts. The wedding was pretty funny too.

The wedding was the best story IMO. Erica Rivas performed very well. I also liked bombita, but was too predictable. The first story (Pasternak) is great as well...

We also saw Siete Cajas at a small art theater in B.A. One doesn't often see a film done in Paraguay. Really liked it and many of the Argentine films listed by all of you. Have seen most of them during my many years here.

Back