We want dialogue! No, not here, not now!

jp said:
The more you repeat this line, the more clueless you sound.

I have to agree. I am not British but I lived in the UK for two years and I never heard anyone mentioning it or read anything in the press. If there are things in the press now it is because of the recent mounting rhetoric. The Islands are insignificant for the UK. If Argentina have not gone to war, it would have been much easier to get a better deal but now... it may never happened.

On my twitter feed just now:

BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking

UK PM David Cameron refuses to accept letter at #G20 from #Argentina's president regarding the Falklands. Details soon bbc.in/LzslFz

Someone needs to bash both their heads together.

Timmerman refused to accept a letter from a Falklands representative at the UN last week and so it goes on.
I tend to agree with your sentiment though. They have to break the stalemate somehow.

Im thinking more in line with the Brits doing a "drive-by." Launch a Cruise Missile on a training mission: NO WARHEAD. Have it cruise down Plaza De Mayo, circle the Rose House and then back to sea. Kind of an attention getter. Of course, apologize profusely that it was a GLITCH in the software. Negotiating with gangsters is a total waste of time.

Brazil has stated my times, starting during the 1982 war, that despite the country's officia neutrality, it would view ANY British attack on continental Argentina as an act of war against Brazil itself.

The Brazilian foreign policy doctrine dictates that Continental Argentina is off-limits to any foreign military.

jp said:
The more you repeat this line, the more clueless you sound.

I am very sorry I used my right to post my opinion. Please Read this 1247 comments -which were posted in a few hours after the article appeared- and come back tell me the Bristish don't care. Of course they do!
And I also lived in the UK in the early nineties.

With all that extra money flowing around in Britain and Argentina to build up the military, I'm guessing we're all safe for the next few decades or so. :/

Back