Wendy's is back...

bigbadwolf said:
The good thing about Wendy's is that they use fresh meat rather than frozen meat (unlike BK and McDs). Also their fries are better (not reconstituted like McDs) and usually seasoned with sea salt. But in Argentina there is no excuse to be eating at any of these American fast food places.

A little taste of home is a good excuse

Stafford said:

Amen, the longer I've been down here the more I start to miss food from back home, even the crappy unhealthy stuff that I rarely ate in the first place. Especially on those days where I feel like if I see another milanesa sandwhich or anything with ham&cheese on it I'm going to puke.

Amen, the longer I've been down here the more I start to miss food from back home, even the crappy unhealthy stuff that I rarely ate in the first place. Especially on those days where I feel like if I see another milanesa sandwhich or anything with ham&cheese on it I'm going to puke.

Somebody not coping with being in ANOTHER country? You know, being an IMMIGRANT? An ALIEN? (I love when they use that word, it is so weird, I always ask if Ripley was informed about the situation).

Yep, from another world, living in they own fart cloud cocoon. :p

Stafford said:

Down and Out in BB said:

marksoc said:
Somebody not coping with being in ANOTHER country? You know, being an IMMIGRANT? An ALIEN? (I love when they use that word, it is so weird, I always ask if Ripley was informed about the situation).

Here, lemme 'splain:

It's kind of like growing up with an alphabet of 26 letters (I know with the ñ, ehSpanish has more) and then moving to a new country and finding out that there are only 14 letters there. Sometimes you miss having an opportunity to use some of those letters from back home. Even the "q", the "x", and the "z". You never used those letters much in your home country, but you kind of miss not having the opportunity.

I might be giving Argentine cuisine too much credit with regards to variety by giving it 14 letters compared to 26, but that's for another thread... and there have been many.

Where as the countries that most of the expats on this board are from have culinary varieties that would indicate that the culinary curiosity of the populations of these countries would resemble a sponge, for the most part the culinary curiosity of Argentina more resembles a piece of marble. Only recently could you say that the culinary curiosity of the non-expats has moved towards the slightly absorbent limestone phase. And for many of us, we're eagerly anticipating the state of sandstone, which although not absorbent like a sponge, is at least porous and will let knew ideas flow through it.

So yes, things are getting better (and worse) on the culinary front (depending on how you see the fast food invasion), but everything takes time. Maybe someday a small portion of the best produce will even stay in the country as well.

...I wonder who the CIA has to knock off in order for that to happen... :rolleyes:

Argentina is a gastronomical powerhouse compared to Sweden... unless you consider endless Tunnbröd culinary heaven.

They're finally open
Inauguró el primer local Wendy's Argentina
Av. Cabildo 2224, Capital (Bs.As.)

Horarios del local:
Lu a Ju 07 a 01hs.
Vi y Sa 07 a 03hs.
Do 08 a 01hs.

Now the population of Buenos Aires will increase drastically in size this year, especially considering that this location used to be a Nike store, now instead of buying workout gear people will be buying burgers!

C'est la vie...I'm gonna go get a frosty!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smcali23 Expat Life 52
Back