Wendy's is back...

Type II diabeates was virtually non existent here, untill McDonalds and BQ helped them change their diet.

Wendy's is going to do their bit to potentate that.

Mitch said:
Type II diabeates was virtually non existent here, untill McDonalds and BQ helped them change their diet.
Don't forget the friendly Coca Cola Company!

surfing said:
Don't forget the friendly Coca Cola Company!

THIS!

Whether it's Coke, linea Pepsi, or any other sugary pacifier that they start their kids on at the age of 2, the Sugar/High Fructose Corn Syrup (even more than DDL & helado) that is the main culprit here.

Of course you Super Size (or at least go big) with a sugary drink when eating your fast food, so McD & BK are doing double duty.

I'm happy to say that we consume ZERO high fructose corn syrup in our house! That means virtually no processed foods of any kind. It's really not so hard once you decide to do it. IMO giving HFCS to children is child abuse.

sorry to interrupt the doom and gloom, but to get back to the original point of the thread - does anyone know if the Wendy's on Cabildo / Mendoza is open yet? Thinking about heading up there for lunch today. (I'll be sure to bring my wheel chair and insulin shots)

The good thing about Wendy's is that they use fresh meat rather than frozen meat (unlike BK and McDs). Also their fries are better (not reconstituted like McDs) and usually seasoned with sea salt. But in Argentina there is no excuse to be eating at any of these American fast food places.

Stafford said:
sorry to interrupt the doom and gloom, but to get back to the original point of the thread - does anyone know if the Wendy's on Cabildo / Mendoza is open yet? Thinking about heading up there for lunch today. (I'll be sure to bring my wheel chair and insulin shots)

Based on their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/WendysArgentina

nope, they might open this week but they were supposed to open in 2011 so who knows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smcali23 Expat Life 52
Back