Wendy's is back...

The other day I was in McDonalds, buying coffee, which is the only thing I really like from there, nice watery american stlye coffee for only 7 pesos. And the lady in front of me was with another woman about 40, plus 2 young girls about 10 years old. She ordered 4 combos, one of those triple hamburgers with bacon and cheese, plus fries and coke for each one. The total was $184 pesos!!! Then she says to the cashier, ahhhh esperá, quiero todo "agrandado", which HERE means "SUPERSIZE" and the total was then $200 pesos!! $200 pesos for four people to eat at McDonalds, there is something seriously wrong here!! And the 2 ladies were plenty flabby and pasty looking but the young girls were extremely skinny. When they gave them the trays I couldn't believe the height of the supersize cokes, they must have been 1 liter each. What is going on here??

I went this past Thursday, around 1:30pm. There was a line, but it moved pretty quickly.

The burger and fries were great. The frosty didn't taste quite right, but it was alright.

I've ordered many a burger out in BsAs, and I'm almost always disappointed. I'd rather pay less, and go to Wendy's and McDonald's and know exactly what I'm getting.

I've ordered many a burger out in BsAs, and I'm almost always disappointed. I'd rather pay less, and go to Wendy's and McDonald's and know exactly what I'm getting.

Solution: eat hamburgers back home. Here, eat BONDIOLA. (no way any hamburger is better than a Puerto Madero Bondipan)

If you knew how the higenic standards are in PM you wouldnt think the same

Godo luck

The Office in Las Canitas has better burgers of a much better quality for the same price. Wendy's is good as far as fast food goes, but the 30 minute line outside, the 20 minute wait to place my order and the 60 peso round trip cab ride to Belgrano pretty much killed my enthusiasm after the second trip. It's still way better than mcdonalds and the menu is much more complete. I'd go there again, i'd just much rather go to The Office.

Davidglen77 said:
The other day I was in McDonalds, buying coffee, which is the only thing I really like from there, nice watery american stlye coffee for only 7 pesos. And the lady in front of me was with another woman about 40, plus 2 young girls about 10 years old. She ordered 4 combos, one of those triple hamburgers with bacon and cheese, plus fries and coke for each one. The total was $184 pesos!!! Then she says to the cashier, ahhhh esperá, quiero todo "agrandado", which HERE means "SUPERSIZE" and the total was then $200 pesos!! $200 pesos for four people to eat at McDonalds, there is something seriously wrong here!! And the 2 ladies were plenty flabby and pasty looking but the young girls were extremely skinny. When they gave them the trays I couldn't believe the height of the supersize cokes, they must have been 1 liter each. What is going on here??

Argentines are already the 13th fattest people in the world and by 2015 they will be amongst the top 10 due to this mania now for fast food , starbucks , and high calorie low nutrient garbage. The scenes on the streets of Buenos Aires nowadays have no connection at all to the 1980s or 1990s . It seems that all this genetically modified foods have created a new argentinian body type
Parents who feed their kids coke and hamburgers on a regular basis are imho commiting something akin to child abuse. Its appalling how parents feed their children soft drinks and then fret because they are so hyper....

Remember food is a drug and determines exactly how you look and even feel .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smcali23 Expat Life 52
Back