Western Union money transfer

i was able to use the promo code DIGITAL0FEE one time many months ago..from then on when i make a transfer, that line for promo code its written reward points and when i try to enter nothing happens...no reduction in fee. i now have 160 reward points susposedly.....i hope this makes sense to someone as i sure dont understand why i cant use the promo code and dont know what to do with these reward points
Maybe you can send a screen shot so we can see what the problem is. Usually you go to the history, under one of the transactions click EDIT. Then you can click on "I have a promo code". 1646483984415.png

There's a glitch that exists on my laptop browser where I can't apply the promo code, I have to use an incognito window to get it to accept it. It's an issue with the browser cache, but I have so many things cached that I use for work I'm too lazy to clear it.

Why's the dollar (euro, pound, etc.) going down against the peso? The primary reason has to do with the agreement with the World Monetary Fund (FMI). Not only does the agreement bring some certainty (finally) to some important issues that have been floating around for months (tarifas/subsidios, brecha cambiaria, reservas del Banco Central, higher interest rates and the possibility of default are some principal ones), but the government has acceded to the demands of the FMI in most cases (including shrinking the brecha cambiaria). A good summary of much of this may be found here (Spanish):

We're also heading into harvest season, with the prices of grains at or near records, and with the shrinking difference between the official dollar and the others, the farmers should be more willing than in recent years to sell their crops early, adding to the pressure on the dollar.

So don't be surprised if the dollar blue, the contado con liquidación, the dolar MEP/bolsa, the Western Union transfer rate, etc. continue to go down, at least in the next few months, and perhaps longer.

We could see the dollar steady and even go up a bit, keeping pace with the official dollar, but the FMI, with this agreement, is trying to put Argentina (as much as it can), on the right track, so I wouldn't expect the dollar to just turn around and run back up to the recent high prices we'd become accustomed to, unless Argentina breaks the agreement or really screws up in a big way (or if, for some reason, the agreement gets scrapped).

Why's the dollar (euro, pound, etc.) going down against the peso? The primary reason has to do with the agreement with the World Monetary Fund (FMI). Not only does the agreement bring some certainty (finally) to some important issues that have been floating around for months (tarifas/subsidios, brecha cambiaria, reservas del Banco Central, higher interest rates and the possibility of default are some principal ones), but the government has acceded to the demands of the FMI in most cases (including shrinking the brecha cambiaria). A good summary of much of this may be found here (Spanish):

We're also heading into harvest season, with the prices of grains at or near records, and with the shrinking difference between the official dollar and the others, the farmers should be more willing than in recent years to sell their crops early, adding to the pressure on the dollar.

So don't be surprised if the dollar blue, the contado con liquidación, the dolar MEP/bolsa, the Western Union transfer rate, etc. continue to go down, at least in the next few months, and perhaps longer.

We could see the dollar steady and even go up a bit, keeping pace with the official dollar, but the FMI, with this agreement, is trying to put Argentina (as much as it can), on the right track, so I wouldn't expect the dollar to just turn around and run back up to the recent high prices we'd become accustomed to, unless Argentina breaks the agreement or really screws up in a big way (or if, for some reason, the agreement gets scrapped).

Argentina...stable...fart...whirlwind...

It went up 2.5 pesos today. That agreement must not be working out lol. Seriously though we just have to wait and see. A month or so ago it dropped to 197, and then rebounded to a record high 230. Now it recently dropped to 197 again and stayed a week there before this small bump up. Let's see where it's at in a week.

I think it's more likely that the rate will stay stable (i.e. all dollar exchange rates will slowly increase over time) as opposed to go down, or the massive spikes we've seen at random times.

What continues to worry me is that we're getting a repeat of 2021: i.e. the "official"/blue/CCL/WU dollar not keep up with inflation, so that makes things more expensive overtime even if we're getting 200 pesos per dollar now compared to 165 in 2021.

@sneakrnet highlighted some important reasons that go in to determining the value of the dollar. While you should always bet against the peso in the long run, I'm inclined to believe the days of a 112% brecha aren't returning anytime soon.

I think it's more likely that the rate will stay stable (i.e. all dollar exchange rates will slowly increase over time) as opposed to go down, or the massive spikes we've seen at random times.

What continues to worry me is that we're getting a repeat of 2021: i.e. the "official"/blue/CCL/WU dollar not keep up with inflation, so that makes things more expensive overtime even if we're getting 200 pesos per dollar now compared to 165 in 2021.

@sneakrnet highlighted some important reasons that go in to determining the value of the dollar. While you should always bet against the peso in the long run, I'm inclined to believe the days of a 112% brecha aren't returning anytime soon.
That's what worries me. The real purchasing power of my meager social security pension will go down over time, because the government uses the fiscal tools at their disposal to hold down the exchange rate, while doing nothing about inflation.

Is it possible that nobody at the Casa Rosada really understands economics?

Essentially the gov creates the brecha by holding down the official rate. The reality is that the blue rate is what someone (in argentina) is willing to pay for a peso. The gov allowing the official to climb faster to meet the blue rate is only slowly releasing the pressure built up over the past 2 years. Yeah its gonna suck for everyone but that's the reality of the situation thst the gov has been trying to hide this whole time.

Back