Western Union money transfer

As long as I’m not paying a fee, I always order my next cash allocation 1 week ahead. That way if the app is down I can always get cash. If there is a significant change in the exchange rate, I’ll enter a new order the day I need it and cancel the previous once I have my cash. By debit card my transactions have all processed in a matter of minutes. Note: Your first transaction May take longer so even more reason to request a week ahead of time.
For cash pickup, I have found it difficult to get much more than 100 mil (-$500 before the craziness of the past couple weeks) except from the two main locations highlighted on this site. Given I’m living in Colegiales (b/n Palermo and belgrano) it’s not worth the time for me to go downtown to get larger amounts. It’s also worth noting that (5) $100 bills translates to ~(140) 1,000 peso bills so you will literally need a backpack to pick up any more than that.
I lucked out that the closest WU office to our 1st apartment also happened to be fairly reliable having my cash 90% of the time as long as I waited until the afternoon. I never had a line ever. Another bonus of my preferred location. I’ve been to probably 30 other WU locations across the city and I find they rarely have more than 50 mil on hand. Lastly, I will tell you the app is worthless for finding locations. The hours are wildly inaccurate and a bunch of locations have closed. Much better to use Google maps. Enjoy your time in BA!
Thank you so much!

As of 16:30 today, Sat 16/7/2022 the WU code graciously provided by Córdoba still works as I just made a fee free transfer.

I always used Xoom, cause of the connection with paypal, considering that WU is giving 20% more ( 240 against 290).
I decided to withdraw to CC of bank and start using WU.
Will try it next week for first time :)
PS: the coupon code is also valid for europeans.
Thanks a lot for the guide

MG (direct to bank account) 1.0000 USD = 296.2600 ARS
As of 3:33pm
(I like to see the competition.)

Back