Western Union money transfer

today the government admits that the digital tourist account was a failure with not even one account opened.

Anyone got any guesses on what the heat on the CCL will mean for us? I read about the gov stopping the ccl transactions yesterday.
It's truly a K solution to a problem of their own creation: a service nobody asked for or even used once available, and lord knows who much money was wasted on it.

Anyways, the Blue and CCL are running in tandem at ~$309 each as of now, and my guess is that any decision to limit the CCL will just make the brecha worse. We're barreling towards triple digit inflation and if they limit the CCL it's going to put even more pressure on the Blue.

Nothing is new under the sun here, we're witnessing the same (K)abuki theater as in the dying days of Cristina's final term: Gabriela Cerruti says stupid shit like "It should probably be illegal to post the price of the blue." Alberto blames tourists for the dollar blue going up, Batakis says traveling isn't a right (while her son is in London), it's all posture as they refuse to address the two causes of the brecha: nobody trusts their economic "program" and everyone from the random person on the street to expats and tourists know a dollar is worth $300 pesos not $130.

In a related note, they're admitting that tourists aren't stupid and are going to look to let them get the real value of the dollar (MEP or CCL) and will announce the details this week.

today the government admits that the digital tourist account was a failure with not even one account opened.

Anyone got any guesses on what the heat on the CCL will mean for us? I read about the gov stopping the ccl transactions yesterday.

Isn't the WU and the CCL separate anyways?

Isn't the WU and the CCL separate anyways?
I'm pretty sure western union is trading in the CCL in order to change currencies. I don't think anyone here has confirmed that but since the two rates track each other so closely it makes sense.

If WU cant use the CCL... then what?

Every hotel and tourist accommodation has their own recommendations for changing dollars or wants to change the dollars of their customers themselves. It's not hard for tourists to simply change their money.

Unless this special rate is very close to the blue I don't see it making much of a dent. Making it close to the blue further legitimizes the blue rate which they constantly seek to deny is important in the Argentine economy. They're walking a fine line.

I'm pretty sure western union is trading in the CCL in order to change currencies. I don't think anyone here has confirmed that but since the two rates track each other so closely it makes sense.

If WU cant use the CCL... then what?

Think there was a discussion earlier in the thread about it. But like you said I doubt anyone truly knows what WU is doing.

Does anyone ever got a transfer blocked? I sent about 12 000 USD in the past 3 weeks to my wife for cash Pick up. Today she went to pick up 1300 USD in 2 transfers of 700 and 600, she was told they will call her tomorrow because there is a problem with her receiving money.
She was it picking up with passport, but she has a DNI; is that the problem or it is something else?
Thanks for replying!

Does anyone ever got a transfer blocked? I sent about 12 000 USD in the past 3 weeks to my wife for cash Pick up. Today she went to pick up 1300 USD in 2 transfers of 700 and 600, she was told they will call her tomorrow because there is a problem with her receiving money.
She was it picking up with passport, but she has a DNI; is that the problem or it is something else?
Thanks for replying!
That's a lot of pesos and maybe raises a red flag or they're just short of pesos? A thousand dollars is around 310,000 pesos

Thanks for replying!
Not sure, but I wanted today send money to myself and I didn't even get pass the checkpoint.
I assumed it was because of the new CC, will try it direct by bank tomorrow and will let you know.

That's a lot of pesos and maybe raises a red flag or they're just short of pesos? A thousand dollars is around 310,000 pesos
Just called them, they just gave me an error code: R4111
And said they will contact my wife within 48 hours. They couldn't provide any details.

Not sure, but I wanted today send money to myself and I didn't even get pass the checkpoint.
I assumed it was because of the new CC, will try it direct by bank tomorrow and will let you know.
Thank you. WU just went from 301.50 to 300. 33.

Back