Western Union money transfer

Hello is anyone here from Australia? For the last year I have been sending myself money and the fee is always $2.50 no matter how much I send.

Yesterday I tried and the fee was $10 for $200 increasing $5 for every $100. To send my usual $500 was $25 a 1000 % price increase. I am god smacked.

Does anyone know what's going on. I had never used WU before last year so maybe after 20 or so transactions they put the prices up so much ?

Western Union is still lagging behind at $1,344.50 and CCL is around $1,450; visa is giving $1,316 so likely cheaper for many, plus it's expected to go even higher now as the MEP too is around the $1,450 mark.

Caputo's press conference on Friday didn't calm the markets because it reinforced what everyone already knew: no dollarization, increased taxes, no reduction in PAIS tax, and an artificially cheap dollar.

Western Union is still lagging behind at $1,344.50 and CCL is around $1,450; visa is giving $1,316 so likely cheaper for many, plus it's expected to go even higher now as the MEP too is around the $1,450 mark.

Caputo's press conference on Friday didn't calm the markets because it reinforced what everyone already knew: no dollarization, increased taxes, no reduction in PAIS tax, and an artificially cheap dollar.
Now ,,,,,,, big sigh of relief.

Dollarization thread was just a waste of time.
We were duped.

Last edited:
Back