Western Union money transfer

if you type it into google you'll see "observed on Monday 19" and all the links saying "celebrated on third monday of august every year".

[on my limited experience] a lot of these public holidays are "moveable" in case they fall on weekends, to ensure that people get their day offs.
Generally, I'd suggest checking for holidays here: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/feriados/2024/ They also explain the rules for "moving" holidays.

There's some more detail here on this particular holiday: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/feriado...o-es-trasladable-pero-no-se-mueve-nid11082024

if you type it into google you'll see "observed on Monday 19" and all the links saying "celebrated on third monday of august every year".

[on my limited experience] a lot of these public holidays are "moveable" in case they fall on weekends, to ensure that people get their day offs.
You are partially right about the second part (see @FrankPintor's helpful links above) and in other countries you probably would have been right but I'm afraid here Google has let you down again. I say "again" because I bet it's not the first time for you and it definitely isn't the first time for me.

We are at that stage in the development of the internet which is colloquially known as "The Enshitification of Everything" and Google is right out there in front. Today I simply wanted to know what the time was in Colorado but before I could find a useful answer (I mean, c'mon how, how hard can that question be?) a Google Featured Snippet told me Colorado didn't keep Daylight Saving Time. After I had found what I really wanted to know I dug a little deeper and found this Google Featured Snippet was from a document for a proposal that had failed to be passed into law some years ago. Thank you Google. Nowadays, if I use Google at all then I double check everything it says. Yes, it takes more time but not as much time as can be wasted by getting the answers wrong.

Well thank you both for the links and explanations. Good news (for me), even if not for the workers of BA!

You are partially right about the second part (see @FrankPintor's helpful links above) and in other countries you probably would have been right but I'm afraid here Google has let you down again. I say "again" because I bet it's not the first time for you and it definitely isn't the first time for me.

We are at that stage in the development of the internet which is colloquially known as "The Enshitification of Everything" and Google is right out there in front. Today I simply wanted to know what the time was in Colorado but before I could find a useful answer (I mean, c'mon how, how hard can that question be?) a Google Featured Snippet told me Colorado didn't keep Daylight Saving Time. After I had found what I really wanted to know I dug a little deeper and found this Google Featured Snippet was from a document for a proposal that had failed to be passed into law some years ago. Thank you Google. Nowadays, if I use Google at all then I double check everything it says. Yes, it takes more time but not as much time as can be wasted by getting the answers wrong.
A really good website (IMHO) is https://www.timeanddate.com/, with information about local time, sunrise and sunset, solar and lunar eclipses and even meteor showers.

And you are so correct about the enshitification of everything, in this case, I googled 'Paso a la Inmortalidad del Gral. José de San Martín' and no, there wasn't a mention of August 19, not even in the snippets. But I guess @tilkaratnedil googled some version of that in English and Google answered with whatever shit it had made up.

A really good website (IMHO) is https://www.timeanddate.com/, with information about local time, sunrise and sunset, solar and lunar eclipses and even meteor showers.

And you are so correct about the enshitification of everything, in this case, I googled 'Paso a la Inmortalidad del Gral. José de San Martín' and no, there wasn't a mention of August 19, not even in the snippets. But I guess @tilkaratnedil googled some version of that in English and Google answered with whatever shit it had made up.
What I googled (just did so again for the screenshot) for reference

Attachments

• IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 6
Yes the 10.000 notes are now common from ATMs even in distant provinces (in the north).

WU system is down globally. Just when I needed it most urgently. Don't have a penny. Stranded.

What are the alternatives?

Back