Western Union money transfer

Hi all. Am going crazy trying to make a WU transfer to my bank account here for the first time (usually I go for cold hard cash.)
First I tried with my Santander CBU - always an error message about the account number. The CUIL was fine.
Then I tried with my Itaú CBU - now the account is fine but there an error with my ID number (CUIL!)
Tried deleting recipient profile and starting again... just endless vueltas.
Anyone encountered these issues before? How did you overcome them?

Hi all. Am going crazy trying to make a WU transfer to my bank account here for the first time (usually I go for cold hard cash.)
First I tried with my Santander CBU - always an error message about the account number. The CUIL was fine.
Then I tried with my Itaú CBU - now the account is fine but there an error with my ID number (CUIL!)
Tried deleting recipient profile and starting again... just endless vueltas.
Anyone encountered these issues before? How did you overcome them?
I have transferred through my laptop, from the WU website, without a problem. Others have said that they had problems on their phones, using the WU app. Also, is this a straight bank account to bank account transfer, or is is debit card to bank account transfer? Some have said that they had to put in the recepient's nationality as Argentine to get the transfer to go through in a straight bank to bank transfer, no debit card involved.

I have transferred through my laptop, from the WU website, without a problem. Others have said that they had problems on their phones, using the WU app. Also, is this a straight bank account to bank account transfer, or is is debit card to bank account transfer? Some have said that they had to put in the recepient's nationality as Argentine to get the transfer to go through in a straight bank to bank transfer, no debit card involved.
Thanks. I have tried phone and laptop. It’s debit card to bank account using the Spanish site. Nationality entered is Argentine..
Luckily tomorrow is my turn at the local WU. So much for going digital!

So I went to correros to pick up 2 $300 transfers. I could not pick up the second one because it would put me over the 60,000 peso limit.

Is the 60k peso limit the max you can receive in cash per day? Is that a WU rule or a correos thing?

Thanks. I have tried phone and laptop. It’s debit card to bank account using the Spanish site. Nationality entered is Argentine..
Luckily tomorrow is my turn at the local WU. So much for going digital!
I would suggest that you load all the receiver information requested in the WU app before you go to get the money. I say that because if you go the main office at Montevideo and Cordoba, there is a special and much shorter line for those who have used the app, either as senders or receivers.

I just came back from WU grande.....for those entering with a passport the last number of the passport determines what day you can go in. There was practically nobody there, but they would not let me in. And no accommodation for seniors.

Back