Western Union money transfer

Does anyone have any recommendation for how much is the maximum one can collect in one transaction right now? I will be arriving in BA on 1/1/22 for 6 months. Would like to take out 200-300k ARS, I am better off doing 2-3 requests of 100k (there are no fees for UK transfers) to be safe.

[I'll be in Palermo FYI - seems like there are 4-5 within walking distance]

Thanks.

[I'll be in Palermo FYI - seems like there are 4-5 within walking distance]
Many of WU locations are small shops with a terminal. They don't have cash. Bigger offices are called "C.S. <Something>" on the WU map. C.S. stands for Customer Service? Only the central office on Montevideo and Cordoba is guaranteed to have 300k ARS.

I would do two transfers of 150k.

Thanks Lunar for the advice. And helpful comment re C.S - the online map does give details of store capabilities and you are right that the majority are smaller ones without the service I need.

any intel from people who are better at the Western Union game than me (ie everyone) on when I should buy some pesos? The value of foreign currency isnt neatly going down every day, but almost…!

any intel from people who are better at the Western Union game than me (ie everyone) on when I should buy some pesos? The value of foreign currency isnt neatly going down every day, but almost…!

If it is a question of buying today or buying tomorrow. I was buying when Western Union was above the CCL. So if Western Union was 218 and CCL dropped to 214 I'd buy if I needed pesos. If WU was 210 and CCL was 214 I would wait and look at it again.

any intel from people who are better at the Western Union game than me (ie everyone) on when I should buy some pesos?
If you want to play on currency price fluctuations, just open a Forex account and do it as the big boys do.

I suggest buying last week.

Back