Western Union money transfer

The past few times I have went to pick up cash... the lines at the two main WUs I use a) Cordoba y Montevideo) & b) Armenia y Guatemala have had insane lines (1 hr+ wait times). I have been going at what I believe to be non-peak hours, between 9-11am middle of the week. Does anyone have any other branches they recommend and/or better time / day recommendations to go to avoid the giant wait times?

Trying to avoid having to do it again...

The first foot dropped..!
The blue had a bigger drop today, but the CCL barely moved from what I can see.

The First foot dropped ...?
The past few times I have went to pick up cash... the lines at the two main WUs I use a) Cordoba y MonLine up at 8.30 on Cordoba and Motevideotevideo) & b) Armenia y Guatemala have had insane lines (1 hr+ wait times). I have been going at what I believe to be non-peak hours, between 9-11am middle of the week. Does anyone have any other branches they recommend and/or better time / day recommendations to go to avoid the giant wait times?

Line up at 8.30 on Cordoba and Motevideo. Try the Pago Facil branch on Parana near Cordoba, sometimes fewer folks . Or go to the Pago Facil nearest to you and develop a relationship ....!

The past few times I have went to pick up cash... the lines at the two main WUs I use a) Cordoba y Montevideo) & b) Armenia y Guatemala have had insane lines (1 hr+ wait times). I have been going at what I believe to be non-peak hours, between 9-11am middle of the week. Does anyone have any other branches they recommend and/or better time / day recommendations to go to avoid the giant wait times?

i don't know if spanish is allowed here but hay una app llamada WhyLine Fila virtual, ahí podés marcar un turno en las sucursales de Pago Facil y hacer una fila virtual. si uno marca el turno a las 14hs, cuándo se aproxima el horario, ponés que estás en la sucursal (con 10 min de antemano) y te llaman por nombre en las cajas preferenciales de la fila virtual, hacés lo que necesitás y te vas.
Ayer cuándo fui a la surcursal de Paraná habia unas 50 personas en la cola y a mí me tardó unos 8 minutos para ser llamado (habia unos 3 en la fila virtual).. fila física nunca más. suerte.

i don't know if spanish is allowed here but hay una app llamada WhyLine Fila virtual, ahí podés marcar un turno en las sucursales de Pago Facil y hacer una fila virtual. si uno marca el turno a las 14hs, cuándo se aproxima el horario, ponés que estás en la sucursal (con 10 min de antemano) y te llaman por nombre en las cajas preferenciales de la fila virtual, hacés lo que necesitás y te vas.
Ayer cuándo fui a la surcursal de Paraná habia unas 50 personas en la cola y a mí me tardó unos 8 minutos para ser llamado (habia unos 3 en la fila virtual).. fila física nunca más. suerte.
I have noticed the sign on the farthest window from the door, (#9 I think it is), but I was never sure how that worked. Sounds like a great idea.

Excellent application .Hopefully they have enough cash for your needs..!

Just go to the sucursal on Cordoba and Julian Alvarez in Palermo/Villa Crespo. No lines usually and they tend to have cash on hand.
All the turista seem to line up at the store in Soho on Armenia and Guatemala and the lines go on for half a block it’s crazy.
429470BE-1647-4D0E-95F0-5AABC9B14627a.jpg

Peru y Roca. Across from the Legislatura. I get there early. No line.

Thanks. Does this work for cash pickups though?

I've looked at this before, and am looking again ... The only service options seem to be:

Pago de servicios
Envío de dinero
Red tradicional

So you just select envío de dinero, make an appointment, show up, and when / how are you actually notified?

Is it via the app they say "go to caja 3" or something like this?

Also, how much cash are you guys picking up?

I usually like to pick up $500-$1000 USD per time to avoid multiple trips doing it, and i think peso availability could be an issue at a lot of branches.

Thanks. Does this work for cash pickups though?

I've looked at this before, and am looking again ... The only service options seem to be:

Pago de servicios
Envío de dinero
Red tradicional

So you just select envío de dinero, make an appointment, show up, and when / how are you actually notified?

Is it via the app they say "go to caja 3" or something like this?
yes, it does work for cash pickup although there's no option.
go to "envío de dinero" and that's all. 10 minutes before your selected time the app will show a button saying something like "I'm here/announce my arrival" and it will show you how many people are in the virtual line(from the app). There's a special line near the cajas named "cola virtual" and when it's your turn they will call you by name so you have to be near the cajas to hear it. There won't be an app notification about which caja you have to go, you need to be able to hear their voces!
En Paraná 848, la caja especial es la 3.

Back