Western Union money transfer

Yikes. I was going to send a Western Union today but the rate is only 588 to $1 US while the blue rate is 690. Does it usually take a few days for them to catch up with the big currency moves? Usually it's pretty close to the exchange rate.

Yikes. I was going to send a Western Union today but the rate is only 588 to $1 US while the blue rate is 690. Does it usually take a few days for them to catch up with the big currency moves? Usually it's pretty close to the exchange rate.
It is a steal.... Visa as of today 1 USD = 573.552945 ARS ( MEP is at 664 ) and WU 588 ARS to 1 USD ( CCL is at 689 ) they are paying about 100 pesos less. I will not exchange at these rates, will rather visit the dark side....

It is a steal.... Visa as of today 1 USD = 573.552945 ARS ( MEP is at 664 ) and WU 588 ARS to 1 USD ( CCL is at 689 ) they are paying about 100 pesos less. I will not exchange at these rates, will rather visit the dark side....
Exactly! No way I'm exchanging at those rates either. It's over 700 to $1 US now. I'll just wait it out a few days until it adjusts. Crazy times.

I thought things were interesting after the correlito! That even felt more normal than these times. And I imagine the politicians now will blow things up even more and try to make a bigger mess for Milei. They will blow things up even more on the way out the door.

It's showing 720/730 now, up 15 pesos in the last 2 hours.

I had a brief conversation with a neighbour in the elevator, a middle class, eduicated porteño who speaks decent English. When I asked him, he said that he voted for Milei, commenting "In a crazy country, like this one, you need a crazy man".

It's showing 720/730 now, up 15 pesos in the last 2 hours.

I had a brief conversation with a neighbour in the elevator, a middle class, eduicated porteño who speaks decent English. When I asked him, he said that he voted for Milei, commenting "In a crazy country, like this one, you need a crazy man".
Honestly, it will take someone "crazy". Many of his ideas will never come to fruition. But I don't have any doubt he will be better for Argentina that previous presidents. Most Argentines acknowledge now how desperate they are and that without a fundamental change, their country will never change.

Things are going to get much worse before they get better. This will take a while but it will be an interesting ride.

Back