western union transfer to unsupported bank (wilobank)

dilmah

Registered
I made my first attempt to use Western Union to make a transfer to Argentine bank account.
When specifying recipient there is list of banks to choose and it does not contain my bank which is WiloBank.
Is there any way to transfer money specifically to WiloBank?

There is an option to redirect your cash transfer to a bank account.

It didn't work out for me, but may be you will have better luck :). They do reply to emails, but after two weeks waiting for an approval I just went to the central WU office and received cash.

Apparently both Wilobank and Brubank are incapable of accepting Western Union transfers last time I checked,months ago...said maybe in future...

Do you have a Mercado Pago Account? Is it possible transfer from Mercado Pago to Wilo bank?

When I go to WU to get my cash, usually I deposit some of the cash in my wife's Mercado Pago account. From there she transfers to her bank (which is Santander). Not ideal, I know, but this may be a work around.

Do you have a Mercado Pago Account? Is it possible transfer from Mercado Pago to Wilo bank?

When I go to WU to get my cash, usually I deposit some of the cash in my wife's Mercado Pago account. From there she transfers to her bank (which is Santander). Not ideal, I know, but this may be a work around.
Mercado Pago allows up to $50,000 pesos per month,Brubank up to $20,000 pesos deposited(by token)@western locations...This all saves walking out with $$$ on the street! Maybe Wilobank does the same?

Do you have a Mercado Pago Account?

is it possible to do Western Union transfer to mercado pago account?

in WU web interface I'm able only to specify receiver's bank account with limited selection of bank names

Mercado Pago allows up to $50,000 pesos per month,Brubank up to $20,000 pesos deposited(by token)@western locations...This all saves walking out with $$$ on the street! Maybe Wilobank does the same?
is it possible to do Western Union transfer to mercado pago account?

in WU web interface I'm able only to specify receiver's bank account with limited selection of bank names
What i used to do: i went to the WU in Peru / Av de Mayo, and instead of retrieving all the cash in hand i gave them the Mercado Pago number of my wife and deposited money from there. However: the last couple of times i indeed had a problem in doing that (it might might be that i exceeded the 50k limit, i didnt know about that).
The funny thing is: when i went to smaller WU branched in microcentro i could deposit 50k in one of them. So it might be that this limit only applies per branch? (Or that their system is somehow limited?) So technically you could retrieve large peso amounts in Peru, and then go to the WU branches and deposit in MP accounts (Peru is - as far as i know - the only branch where you can retrieve large amounts in cash).

I made my first attempt to use Western Union to make a transfer to Argentine bank account.
When specifying recipient there is list of banks to choose and it does not contain my bank which is WiloBank.
Is there any way to transfer money specifically to WiloBank?
You might want to check out transferwise.com for depositing directly to an Argentine bank account. Funds can be sourced by bank debit (ACH), wire transfer, credit card, or debit card. I've had good bricks-and-mortar experience with Transferwise but I've no experience with digital banking and no idea if Transferwise would be compatible. A phone call to Transferwise or WiloBank etc. should resolve things. Banks can impose a limit and one bank I am familiar with limits you to 10K USD transfers per month.

You might want to check out transferwise.com for depositing directly to an Argentine bank account. Funds can be sourced by bank debit (ACH), wire transfer, credit card, or debit card. I've had good bricks-and-mortar experience with Transferwise...
PS - Sorry, I wasn't thinking of exchange rates. A direct deposit to your bank with ARS payout would probably result in receiving the official rate. Not so good. If you have a USD account to deposit to that is another matter.

Back