What analysts are saying about Marcri.

In reply to this:

Yes very much so. Everyone who speaks ill of Macri on this forum will be sent to a hard labor camp like those who insult the Great Leader of North Korea.

BC2 posted this:

Well, i was fined in 1.5 million pesos for that...

What I would like to know is if the fine was levied for something that was actually posted in this forum and if so, which post(s)?

Cannot understand how one can support this government with all the financial ruin and misery it has caused. The financial collapse of Argentina is on track and there is not one policy being made to detain it. All very suspicious if you ask me

If I don't believe press freedoms here are similar to North Korea as Bajo stated or I don't believe Argentina is in Venezuela territory as you wrote that makes me a supporter of this government?

You keep saying that this is going to be worse than 2001 and that the debt is higher now than 2001, but if you look at the debt to gdp ratio it was actually higher back in 2001/02 than it is now.

In reply to this:

BC2 posted this:

What I would like to know is if the fine was levied for something that was actually posted in this forum and if so, which post?

I'm genuinely interested if Bajo was fined for political speech as well. That would be indeed be a frightened development.

If I don't believe press freedoms here are similar to North Korea as Bajo stated or I don't believe Argentina is in Venezuela territory as you wrote that makes me a supporter of this government?

You keep saying that this is going to be worse than 2001 and that the debt is higher now than 2001, but if you look at the debt to gdp ratio it was actually higher back in 2001/02 than it is now.

Carlos have a look at this graph and it clearly shows that Argentina has by far the largest goverment debt in the world . Most countries the goverment debt is low and their debt is made up of financial and non finacial corporate debt. Argentina as a exception has 70% of its debt nominated as government debt that the people of Argentina will have to pay .
Do you understand the gravity of this ?

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/fx denom debt edwaerds.jpg?itok=jweYINub

Perry, I don't think you are a K, in fact I couldn't care less one way or another what your political leanings may be. I just think you are being overly negative about the current situation. Argentina on JP Morgan's Country Risk Index - an index used to measure the risks of investing or lending in a country - which reached a high of over 7000 during the last default, today stands 10 times lower at just over 700. That is not to say that 700 isn't high, it clearly is, but it does indicate the financial world has not quite thrown in the towel yet, unlike yourself.

Perry, I don't think you are a K, in fact I couldn't care less one way or another what your political leanings may be. I just think you are being overly negative about the current situation. Argentina on JP Morgan's Country Risk Index - an index used to measure the risks of investing or lending in a country - which reached a high of over 7000 during the last default, today stands 10 times lower at just over 700. That is not to say that 700 isn't high, it clearly is, but it does indicate the financial world has not quite thrown in the towel yet, unlike yourself.

I have waited patiently for a positive change and see the writing on the wall. Greece after the IMF came in had 9 years of financial destitution and most greeks if they are lucky earn 600 euros a month the lowest wages in Europe . This once proud country is a shadow of its former self even though it recieves a tremendous amount of tourists most people live hand to mouth .

Lets look into our crystal ball . The peso is now 35 per dollar and the economy is in recession . The Imf will ask for more cuts in public spending and a increase of taxes and costs of services bankrupting many people . The recession will last for many years and peoples earning will be pitiful . This is the new reality for many here .
I remember the golden years of Argentina from 2005 to 2009 where there was tremendous hope for the future , the economy was booming , and peoples costs of living were low . Based on that period I moved here as it seemed right . I now feel differently and will be leaving Argentina for good as I cannot see a viable future .

I'm sorry to hear that Perry. I too hope that Argentina can turn the corner, but even if it does the next couple of years will still be shitty come what may.

Carlos have a look at this graph and it clearly shows that Argentina has by far the largest goverment debt in the world . Most countries the goverment debt is low and their debt is made up of financial and non finacial corporate debt. Argentina as a exception has 70% of its debt nominated as government debt that the people of Argentina will have to pay .
Do you understand the gravity of this ?

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/fx denom debt edwaerds.jpg?itok=jweYINub

You said that the debt situation was worse now than in 2001. The debt to gdp ratio is actually better now than 2001.

That being said, the government's finances are an absolute mess right now and the economic situation is bad as I think everyone acknowledges, apart from Marcos Peña.

I have waited patiently for a positive change and see the writing on the wall. Greece after the IMF came in had 9 years of financial destitution and most greeks if they are lucky earn 600 euros a month the lowest wages in Europe . This once proud country is a shadow of its former self even though it recieves a tremendous amount of tourists most people live hand to mouth .

You make it sound like the real problem in Greece was/is the IMF. The reason the IMF even got involved is because the country was flat broke. The IMF didn't create that situation. When you are broke, you have to make huge, very painful adjustments, regardless of who is calling for them. When govts create dreadful economic situations, like the Greek govt did with their complices the Greek people, their people suffer; there is absolutely no getting around that. Call the IMF the bad guy if you want, but someone has to do the dirty work and the heavy lifting.

Also, there are places like Israel where the IMF intervention has worked. Not overnight, it took many years, but it did work. In the 80s they had run away inflation and an economy very dollarized that was severely impacted by fluctuations in the world economy. Sound familiar? Now, the situation is very different.

Back