What are the best job options to make enough money to stay in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the name-calling just never ends... Also, why is it OK
to state that one has to live on a USD 300 /month budget, while it's
"snobbish" to say others cannot do with less than USD 2,000? I don't
see a problem with either budget, but it seems like it makes some
people furious.Just a thought. CheersErnie

Ernie (besos), I think the word you are looking for is...jealousy.
I really believe that people who work hard to live the lifestyle they want is as entitled as the poor chap who crabs about his sad life and yet does not look for ways and endeavor to "live better".
Lee, you see when people packed to come to BsAs, they forgot to pack some sense of open mindness and pack loads of ...green with envy... instead..and to some people that is just not a good color.

WW and Grazie
I couldn't agree more. An open mind and a sense of humour are two assets that seem to be essential for living here, or in fact any country that is not native to you. Oh yes, tolerance too.
I remember when I sailed my boat from Wales to Barcelona a few years ago, there were times when I had to bite my lip, lest I say the wrong thing. I was skipper and learning as I went along. I had a mutiny in Gibraltar and was left to sail the rest by myself. A friend said to me...'maybe you should be a little more tolerant Marc?'
I remembered those words.

I moved here for personal reasons and like WW am poorer than I used to be.
However I have found a people who are generous in spirit and will always try to help you. God only knows how this country has suffered. I was here in March 76 and saw a little of it.
Well, I tried to post this but had to start from scratch due to a dodgy conn and now I've lost my inspiration and it's Friday night, party time.

;) Tolerance An Argentine Amiga said to me just yesterdy how I have changed - I am not so BOSSY. jeIn fact I thought I would be getting some of my projects going 2 years ago, then I realized as they are for living here I had best sit back and just learn about things, about people and enjoy the differences in ways of thinking. People kept asking me when I what was happening with one big multi part series and I told them - not now - I am in Argentina - I have more to learn - can't give 'em and American seminar. I still have some changing and learning to do. But there is no rush - watching that bank account dwindle as Marc and WW but - all in due time. ES LA VIDA.WW - do you want to share that story about last Sunday's parrilla and the demona marketer with "not a clue" of the ways here? NAH - too much of a drain of energy - it's Friday. Where is the corkscrew?

This thread started with Montana telling us that she was flying to B.A on the 10th. So, she should have got in on the 11th, today (this morning) is the 13th. She asked for our opinions and some of us gave it some of us didnt, to the disgust of some. We have advised whether it be good or bad, bitched, sidetracked, lectured, accused, name called, blah blah blah. I was even promoted from an old bag to a young tart (so it wasnt all bad eh?) now it would be good to come full circle and find out if Montana actually arrived. (who knows maybe I put her off) or maybe she thought " well, if that's the ex-pat community in B.A. Im bloody well off to Jakarta". Is she happy in the hostel? Is it clean? any snakes? any talent?
So, where are you Montana?............................come in!

Ooooo - arriving on the 11th - the New Moon - the time of beginnings. GoooooD Maybe she met someone on the plane.Do check in Montana. Let us know how you are fairing in this new land. We don't bite until the Full Moon (un chiste)...well sometimes we aren't too consistent.I hope the hostel is not in San Telmo - I hear it has rats. Actually I too have seen them - awesome and big. That unfortunately is not a joke. Blew me away one night on the street.Take good care. Besos

thats good news Wyn and Patt, thats rather interesting, that you like myself note the lunar cycle! is that another thread or is it just too alternative?
besos to you both

Definitely another thread. We "alternate" well. Go ahead and get it started. We already have Ernie and Elvis..
We are not like all the rest, you can see us any day of the week

Come around, sit down, take a sniff, fall asleep

Baby, you don't have to speak

I'd like to show you where it is but then it wouldn't even mean a thing

Nothing is easy, baby, just please me, who knows what tomorrow may bring?

If for just one moment you could step outside your mind

And float across the ceiling, I don't think the folks would mind.What is alternative anyway?What a fabulous new moon!

Quote to Granada:

Which foreigner does Argentina want
A: A foreigner who stays six months, shares a appartment with 5 persons, spends 500 dollar a month in Argentina
or
B: A foreigner who buys his own property and spends 3000 dollar a month in Argentina?

---
I am not talking about foreigners, about spending money or buying properties. Buy or rent it's the same to me. It was offensive to read some posts about a luxurious way of life and presenting as a great soul for giving 100 pesos to a girl in the streets. As Syngirl says, give time, give food, or give money to reputable organizations (HelpArgentina is an American-run charity, UNICEF is active here, and there's a whole roster of others). Buy a property helping the seller or rent a property helping the rental person. 500, 5000, 50000.

At the risk of playing both sides of the fence, I think everyone here needs to take a deep breath & realize that while we're all expats, people are coming from all different backgrounds. What is a fortune to one person is nothing to another.And from my perspective (not in defense of Lee), if he is coming from a major metropolitan area in the US, Bs As IS a steal. Housing, food, etc are all substantially cheaper than what you would pay in the states. So yes, while it may be excessive to some people, it's not to others.
Two side notes - Auntie Apple - are you out in Pilar? I'm out there riding every day & actually have some friends with farms in Open Door, etc. I actually ride jumpers but will probably take some polo lessons with some friends here. Are you going to Hurlingham next weekend? I missed the Tortugas matches but definitely will be going to Hurlingham. If you're there, would love to say hi in person.And Montana - offer stands if you want to grab a coffee, just send me a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back