What are the best job options to make enough money to stay in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...I've been reading this site for a while now as I plan my trip to BA. I find myself lured in by this forum to make my first posting and say hi. I was very interested to read the responses to the original poster since I also could benefit from any advice offered. So if I have captured the essence of this correctly, work is not an easy thing to find...come prepared...and feel assured that most any income bracket can find a niche. Sounds about the same as most other places then...I should feel right at home! I found a few of the posts on here to be quite amusing...especially as one person in her bashing of how only the have not's try to make themselves appear important while at the same time declaring herself an aristocrat. Sounded a bit like the pot calling the kettle black to me. In contrast, I was very pleased to also read several well thought out and open minded posts...hoping for more of these.

Hi Lizzyd, you sound very sane and reasonable. What are you doing on this site?
Joking appart, I hope you get what you want here.

tangobob, Hi. That is all how we all started on this forum...then we become laced with sarcasm, become cynics, and then others outrageously obnoxious...other have to get medicated...but we all wise up in the end...then that is when posts get really interesting. Oh others just read the post everyday like it was the comics section of the paper - loads of laugh.
Good to see you posting again. :)

Hi Wynnswoods and Tangobob...I appreciate the welcome! And yes, I'm usually sane and sometimes reasonable... I'm sure I'll enjoy visiting a bit.

Hello Everybody! This is Montana :)
Well, I did indeed make it to BA!!! I have been having a whirlwind of a time here at the Hostel and making some nice friends. I can´t believe its nearly been a week already...the days are truly flying by. I´m getting to know my surroundings and getting used to the necessary daily routines such as where to get laundry done, and where to go grocery shopping etc. I just wanted you all to know that despite the craziness of the response from this posting...I really have appreciated each one of your individual comments and support along the way. One funny side note, I´m finding I´m actually not into the food down here! The steaks are nice for a few meals, but I´m just not that crazy about meat! I like it, but I don´t LOVE it like Argentine people apparantly do. Hmmm...maybe I´ll need to think about searching out another country to appease my pallate :)
So, Im looking into getting a place with a few others I have met here, as it is really hard to get any sleep in a hostel much less get any privacy time to think while getting accomplished everything I came here to do.
It´s definitely turning out to be a self-discovery trip...
If you´d like, I will keep updating you all on my decisions and turns along the way...now, that I´ve gotten settled a bit, its time to start meeting some of you that have written me notes! Thank you so much for those!!!
Sincerely,
Montana

I don’t agree with auntieapple.

I think that it is very hot to just go some where without thinking to much. Let's face it, I mean if you think to pessimistic, you’re not living your life to the fullest.

Why do people take such risks? Some people like me, just do something, because they feel like it.

Sarah I've done it, within one week without thinking.

I got a job in Buenos Aires as a technical support for the European languages.

For the record: Good salary. Just follow your heart!
Duncan Mitchel
Buenos Aires the city that never Sleeps

WW
You write intelligently and with compassion. Thanks.
To all those planning to live here or visit. Good luck, stay safe and enjoy.

Montana: Good for you for taking the inititive and not waiting around for something to happen to you but instead making something happen for you. I did the same by moving to Hong Kong in 1991 and ended up doing well. From my own experience sniffing around for opportunites in BA, I believe the odds of making decent money in BA are more challenging than many other developing cities. However, the experience in trying will probably be incredibly rewarding. I say give it a go for 6 months then re-evaluate. good luck!

dear friends and newcomers
may I repeat............................YAWN!
Montana asked for ADVICE..........helloooooooo.............I gave mine, sorry so many did not like it. it was not my intention for it to be liked or agreed with it was purley what i felt needed to be said. I am not a pessimist by nature, on the contrary and it is for that reason I have been there done it and got the T-shirt thank you very much. I have done the...................oh fu----------ck here I am in irianjaya and ive run out of money .........................ET call home please......................er hi daddy, Im in the sh--------te could you transfer me some urgent funds, you see Im in this grotty hostel and ive been here for ten days and it stinks and now i want an apartment but the assholes want an enormous deposit and I spent half my money because I met this greeeeeat crowd of guys but they had no money so i fed them for a couple of days.................of course daddy they are going to pay me back!..yeah they are really coooooooooooooll. Anyway Im in the sh----te can you get me money by........er......yesterday please, Of course know what im doing, im here arent I? Im getting a job Ive got 5,623 job interviews for next week, ok gotta go because i cant afford this call...............er hello............hello.......sh--------it.............bloody phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back