What Are You Watching On Netflix? Was It Any Good?

I am watching a series of documentaries about the US, so far:

Inequality for all - http://inequalityforall.com/ - about the 99% and how capitalism is killing itself through suppressing the middle class
A Place at the Table - a documentary about hunger in the US
West Memphis Three - a documentary about the case of three missing children and how justice got it wrong, so wrong [not on Netflix, but worth seeing]
The Imposter - a documentary about Frédéric Bourdin, a French man who faked to be an US missing child, got rescued by the US embassy in Paris, given US passport, sent back to his family... except that was not his. Link to netflix

Besides these, I'd like to add
Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him?) - A documentary about American musician Harry Nilsson. Good if you are into the self-destructive lives of rock stars.

I tend to use NetFlix for viewing series as I download most movies. Watched Breaking Bad and Mad Men and House of Cards. They were well done and fun to watch and have excellent production values. Tyrant was lousy, Scandal was a tedious drag of poor writing.
Muscle Shoals was really wonderful!!!!!!!

Ugh Scandal. I survived a few episodes, I can't stand Shonda Rhimes writing. greys anatomy was full of those unbearable speeches too, didn't make it past a few episodes on that one either. Shonda Rhimes is like that over eager creative writing class pet who gets one bit of praise and so just keeps doing more and more of the same. She must have been praised for some long speech she gave a character and then decided hey they like that, why don't I just make all my characters spout off the most ridiculous speeches all the time. And then let's film it all through annoying bits of glass to make things seem more interesting. Seriously, the camera work on scandal is atrocious, the cinematographer is a one trick pony just like Rhimes -- for him he must have filmed one scene through a beveled glass door, thought it looked cool, and decided to employ it in 90 per cent of his shots. It was so annoying, though not enough to distract from the horrendously bad writing.

Syngirl, why don't you tell us how you really feel?? Lol
I don't care for that show either but my wife loves it.

I watch a ton of series on this site: http://watchseries.lt/Watch

Heavy drama:
Game of Thrones
The Tudors

Regular compelling drama:
Downton Abbey
House of Cards
Masters of Sex

Thrilling/edge of your seat:
The Following
Breaking Bad
True Detective

More girly ones:
Girls (probably my favorite show ever)
Mindy Project

Quirky:
Broad City

And of course there is Twin Peaks, one of the best quirky/noir series of all time. They are resuming in 2016 so it's a good time to watch all existing episodes you haven't already.

"Happy Valley" is a new BBC mystery, set in Yorkshire, that's now available on Netflix USA.

"Happy Valley" is a great series. "BroadChurch" is also excellent.

I am using Unlocator.com which is a “smart DNS service” that does not have speed issues that I ran into using a VPN. It can also be setup on most routers that will allow all your devices to have full access to US and UK Netflix and Amazon Prime Video content. Free 7 day trial and then $4.95 a month after that.

Back