What do you like?

Oh yes and in Caballito there is a store that does Lemon & champagne ice cream -- with real champagne. It's between either Alberdi and Pedro Goyena or P Goyena and Directorio at about Puan ... it's been awhile since I've been up there...

syngirl said:
Oh by the way, the best ice cream is neither Persicco, nor Volta, nor Freddo (ugh, definitely not Freddo)

My test for ice cream is always the coco flavour.... whether it's totally faked, or if it has real coco in it.

The best ice cream is almost always your neighbourhood "mom and pop" store... in Las Can there's Vizzio -- REAL coco... yum big flakes of it.

There's also the upscale Veikko, that has some really yummy flavours but you pay through the nose for it -- 15 pesos for a cone or something ridiculous! But their flavours are so good -- for chocolate lovers the Fondant is to die for...

LOL. My test is the mint! It has to be minty but creamy. I'll try your suggestions this weekend.

AlexfromLA said:
lol

looks like ill be ordering a kilo tonight

thanks guys :(

Sorry... But someone made me make cupcakes a couple weeks ago. Who's fault was that, hum....? So don't complain! ;D

Alilou said:
OK so I've said it more than once but I think it is okay and not surprising that the forum is full of complaints...The forum is a nice outlet. THAT being said... I agree a little more positivity is needed...

That's the internet for you! It's so easy for the positivity to get lost in all the negatives. After all, it's not like everyone jumps online to start a thread every time something awful didn't happen that day!

Love this thread, it's inspiring :)

Mate.
I think it is absolutely healthy that so many people go to psychologists. I go. Everybody needs someone to be completely honest and open with.
Mate.

mate
fernet
fugazetta
faina
provoleta
choripan
scarparo
terma

and lots more food and drinks-
papas with cebollas, for example...

the architecture, as mentioned, is wonderful.
I am a particular fan of the architecture of the time period of 1875 to 1940, and Buenos Aires has a huge amount of it, more than many other cities, because for various economic and cultural reasons, so little was torn down.

I love the carpinchos at the zoo, I love taking collectivos thru neighborhoods I dont know that well.
I love Ochavas
http://ochavasandba.blogspot.com/
and Pulmones

I love the fact that there are over ten daily papers.

I love the live music scene- its everywhere, its affordable, and there is every kind of music.

Most of all, though, I like the Argentine people. I have almost no friends that are expats- mostly I hang with Portenos, and they are educated, excited about the world, entertaining, passionate, and fun.
Even if they make 1/10 what they would in NYC, they manage to be upbeat and live great lives.
I learn something every day here.

I like being able to go to the grocery store without having to hear screaming children or see obese women wearing sweats (as I would in Chicago).

I also appreciate the fact that women half my age "adjust" their hair as I walk toward them on the sidewalk, instead of crossing the street to avoid me (as they would in Chicago).

the ultimate test for an ice cream parlor is to try the pistachio. Good luck. It's here, Go find it.

Back