What Do You Miss The Least From Home? (Ba Cast Survey)

I do not miss (U.S.):

-Expensive healthcare and Big Pharma
-Too much religion and too many religious extremists. The way religion influences policy in a country where we are supposed to have separation of church and state...what a joke.
-Helicopter parents creating generations of overworked kids who suffer from anxiety and can't think for themselves. I think this may be on the way out. Let's hope so.
-Puritanical stuff, like bleeping out bad words out on television/radio, or freaking out at accidental nudity on live television. What's the point? We all know what they're saying, and we all know what a naked body looks like.
-I am not against psychiatric medication, but I am against prescribing it willy nilly as the first attempt at treatment. My friend's father died, and her gynecologist (!) offered her a xanax prescription. Everyone's got stories like these. Come on!!
-NRA and the gun lobbyists
-Too much worrying about being PC instead of worrying about fighting actual racism, sexism, etc.
-People generally work too much, often because they have to. There's always someone out there who would love to give up his or her personal life if it means taking your job. I also find the increase in unpaid internships distressing.

With all that said, I'm excited to move back. The positives far outweigh the negatives for me.

Did I mention hate? I just don't miss them
Having a preference does not make you a bigot, on the other hand, commies like you,do get on my nerves ,but still don't hate you
Lo siento mucho camarada

Morons like this are one of the things I hate MOST about being back in the US.

no no just say it... Cats will gain control of this board within two weeks. Then the world!!! [evil laugh here/]
lol ... I removed my post because I realized the question is only about BA. I wrote that I do not miss the weather (rain, cloudy weather) but unlike Mendoza - BA has a lot of rain.

I don't miss helicopters overhead 24/7

I was getting to the point where that really annoyed me.

I don't miss how so many kids (and adults) are angry and socially isolated and take it out on others in a violent way.

I don´t miss a lot of what has been mentioned (government, puritans, big phama) and will add:
I don´t miss being made fun of for being smart/well-read.
I don´t miss being considered less attractive by men because I am smarter then they are/make more money then they do.
I don´t miss people making moral judgements based on EVERYTHING and ANYTHING (wearing leggings=being a slut. . . when I read about all the "leggings are not pants" fight I was all like "in BsAs leggings are pants")
I don´t miss cultural wars.
I don´t miss people looking down on people who live together but who are not married.
I don´t miss eating dinner at 5pm.
I don´t miss inviting people over to dinner and having to deal with 10 different food requests (vegan, lactose free, kosher, gluten free, no shellfish).
I don´t miss people who refuse to vaccinate their kids being allowed to do it (you cannot not vaccinate your kids in Argentina).

Back