What does Kirchner winning the Primaries mean to you...

The thing is that I approve of the existence of an opposition, but it should have a program. What good is to vote Duhalde or Alfonsin if I´m almost sure that they would open imports, take a lot of debt, maybe giving easy credit to finish like Spain now in the future, etc? At least CFK administration has a pro-industry pro-science policy in place (any CONICET scientist around can confirm that). Yes, the expansion of the demand is based on subsidies, and CFK says that openly (I heard her saying this today). It is a Keynesian technique, and it seems to be working right now. Yes, we have inflation, but with the syndicates strong wages have been increasing faster than inflation (minimum wage, from USD 200 in 2002 to 442 USD now, I think, but any low job pays like 2500-3000 ARS nowadays, at least in BA). It is the best we can do? No way Jose. But is better than to be here in 1995-2001, be sure of that.

Bajo_cero2 said:
In politic to add sometimes means to subtract.

If you try to add the 3% lilita has, then Rodriguez Saa and Alfonsin looses another 10%.

Roughly 60% of the population did NOT vote for Cristina and with the current election laws the only way to go a run-off is if there is one candidate who gets atleast 30% of the valid votes

This ain´t gonna happen as long as there are like 6 oposition forces. The ones that didn´t vote for Cristina does have one thing in common and that is that they didn´t vote voor Cristina.

The only chance the oposition has to stop Cristina if they join forces and even then Cristina needs to lose 5% to go for a run-off

jazrgz, KFK won in an overwhelming way, that's a fact. I read it in Clarin...:D

The crisis in EEUU and UE is important because they represent an economy model that is no less that doubtful. Why should we do what is not working there? We can do things in our way and this seems to work better. Free market vsus Keynes.

In fact, I really enjoy viewing how european countries follow FMI advices because we know that whatever the FMI touchs, it becomes a huge crisis.

You are argentinian, come on! Printing money?????? You know what happend when you print money and you don't cut expeditures.

Regarding CONICET, be honest, the K have increase the budget on science and education while De la Rua was trying to cut it and Menem said that CONICET cientist should go and work as a hard hat. There is a programm related to give netbooks to all the students of publics schools. This is a long term investment.
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpais/1-174762-2011-08-18.html

Our economy depends on Soy, right. The exportation related on industry as reach his rhistorical record. What do you expect, to grow 10.000% per year?

Regarding starvation, there are plans about that. However, during 2001 people were starving 5 kilometers from Gral Paz. Cuba has zero starvation, What are you proposing, a comunist revolution?

What's next? Duhalde says that we are in a pre/apocalipsis time and he is the only able to deal with it, just vote him ;).
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpais/1-174766-2011-08-18.html

Alfonsin only merit is to have his father's last name and a huge effort to look like him. However, he is not able to administrate a puesto de panchos.

Binner is closer to the K than he thinks, only because of his ego he didn't ally with KFK.

Regards

Barney said:
Roughly 60% of the population did NOT vote for Cristina and with the current election laws the only way to go a run-off is if there is one candidate who gets atleast 30% of the valid votes

Interesting, she was 38% over his best opponent. Overwhelming, isn't it? Even Clarin had to admit it. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
jazrgz, KFK won in an overwhelming way, that's a fact. I read it in Clarin...
So did Menem in 1995....does that mean his administration was great or deserved ? did it give him the right to do the disaster he did with the country ?? in this country, winning by such huge numbers does not mean you are doing a good job.... I know Menem is part of this administration (i saw La rioja´s ballot and it had Cristina´s face for president and right next Menem´s face (for diputado i believe)...AMAZING !! I would really feel ashamed of this (well, of so many things happening as a matter of fact) but this seems to be ok nowadays....

Bajo_cero2 said:
The crisis in EEUU and UE is important because they represent an economy model that is no less that doubtful. Why should we do what is not working there? We can do things in our way and this seems to work better. Free market vsus Keynes.
Again, you may not have got this, but im not kirchnerista, so you cannot feed me this crap ! I never said we should follow the models of the USA or Europe (even though they are at least models..however flawed ! what we have here is a series of oportunists actions depending on the public opinion of the time mixed up with huge amounts of corruption and a violation of every possible republican (as in republic, not the right wing party) principle.

Bajo_cero2 said:
In fact, I really enjoy viewing how european countries follow FMI advices because we know that whatever the FMI touchs, it becomes a huge crisis.

You are argentinian, come on! Printing money?????? You know what happend when you print money and you don't cut expeditures.
Again, trying to tell me what i say or not ! just like when you (not you you but you kirhneristas) say the opposition parties are wrong because they want the neoliberal model back (assuming that because they are not with kirchner that´s what they stand for...again, nonsense !! ). The funny thing about this is that in fact Menem is part of the modern Kirhner model :S ....and yes, i am argentinian, im just one that would never vote and administration that has been in power for 8 years in a row and has absolutely nothing to show for it..at least nothing good...has lots of bad things though...listing them would require several volumes of a huge encyclopedia :S

Bajo_cero2 said:
Regarding CONICET, be honest, the K have increase the budget on science and education while De la Rua was trying to cut it and Menem said that CONICET cientist should go and work as a hard hat. There is a programm related to give netbooks to all the students of publics schools. This is a long term investment.
Futbol para todos or shocklender to name a few well spent public money endevours, get more public money than conicet....do i need to say more ??? really ??

Bajo_cero2 said:
Our economy depends on Soy, right. The exportation related on industry as reach his rhistorical record. What do you expect, to grow 10.000% per year?
that statement alone tells you this administration has been horrible, after all these years of receiving billions of dollars from soy we are still depending on it....there has not be any industrial developement whatsoever.. at best very little :S ...historical records according to whome ?? is that historical records kinna like there´s no inflation according to official records or the unemployment is only 7% .....hmm, i accept you being kirchnerista, you have that right, but i will not accept someone taking official numbers as real...that´s either an insult to your inteligence (if you actaully believe this) or to everyone else (if you dont but repeting them helps your case). You can vote for kirchner but you cannot pretend all the corruption exists. I only met one kirchnerista the voted for him but also admitting the corruption and the killing of protestors, etc exist...he told me he voted for cristina because in spite of that he has doing better (he owns a shoe shop in recoleta :S )

Bajo_cero2 said:
Regarding starvation, there are plans about that. However, during 2001 people were starving 5 kilometers from Gral Paz. Cuba has zero starvation, What are you proposing, a comunist revolution?
Again with comparing with a long lost past...2001 was a colapse of the whole system..of course there was huge amounts of unemployment and poverty...this got fixed even before nestor took over..by the time he took over the country was already growing 6% a year and unemployment and other bad figures were already decreasing...Anyways, i dont care if in 2001 10 kids died of starvation and now "only" 6.....It´s completaly UNACCEPTABLE !!!! or at least to me...i can see not for half the population here :S .....With all this bonanza we have had it is 100% unacceptable not even 1 child dying of starvation....there´s kids dying and at the same time you have money being spent on futbol para todos, or pescado para todos (obvsiously not for these children dying of...yes....STARVATION !!! )..im sure LCD´s para todos does not help them either.... :S

Bajo_cero2 said:
What's next? Duhalde says that we are in a pre/apocalipsis time and he is the only able to deal with it, just vote him .
http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elpais/1-174766-2011-08-18.html

Alfonsin only merit is to have his father's last name and a huge effort to look like him. However, he is not able to administrate a puesto de panchos.

Binner is closer to the K than he thinks, only because of his ego he didn't ally with KFK.

Regards
put all those candidates together, they dont match, not even close the incompetence of cristina !! and im not even counting levels of corruption.....With all the money they´ve had available all these years and considering they´va also had full control of congress and the judicial system (another thing to ashamed of...too much corruption) and we still have no industry, have no highways or a train system or an education system (im talking about schools to teach kids, not just feeding them) and poverty all through the country....i´d say this is very much being at best....INCOMPETENT !!! (again..at best...my take is that all these is actually being done deliverately...typical peronist stategy.....the more poor ppl there is in the country, they easier it is to control them with welfare in order to get them to vote for you....SHAME !!!! )
The only fields were figures have increased significantly are Drug dealing and and villa miserias..in this last case not just un amount of villas but also in population !!! REAL PROGRESS I GUESS !! :S ....Every single province in the country is flooded with villas...
Regards...- Juan

What the winning the Primaries mean to me is that we will continue to see the "You're either with me or against me" regime of politics CFK and her deceased husband made their own. We will see further political manipulation of non-political institutions like the statistics organization and Central Bank. We will see further government largesse based on inflated and long-term unsustainable commodity prices, which I hope does not drop substantially or else the government will not be able to pay for the inflated wage increases.

It will be the continuation of a confrontational and long-term unsustainable programme to the detriment of the nation.

Conorworld said:
What the winning the Primaries mean to me is that we will continue to see the "You're either with me or against me" regime of politics CFK and her deceased husband made their own. We will see further political manipulation of non-political institutions like the statistics organization and Central Bank. We will see further government largesse based on inflated and long-term unsustainable commodity prices, which I hope does not drop substantially or else the government will not be able to pay for the inflated wage increases.

It will be the continuation of a confrontational and long-term unsustainable programme to the detriment of the nation.

For me - that post sums it up perfectly.

jazrgz said:
.Every single province in the country is flooded with villas...
Regards...- Juan

There are not Villas in San Luis.

However, do you really believe everything is wrong? You don't like opposition neigther. So, seem what you don't like is democracy, am I right? Who do you propose? When this country was better? Between 1976 uto 1983?

Barney said:
Roughly 60% of the population did NOT vote for Cristina

This make Christina a more valid head of Government than David Cameron.

Hmmmmmmmm

Economies boom and bust. No matter what they're based on, no matter who is in charge. Say what you will about CFK and Boudou, but I'm pretty sure they're aware that things can't go up forever. However, until the sky falls, I'm going to assume that something like this will continue:

062311krugman3-blog480.jpg

Argentina isn't perfect. I moan and groan (Futbol para todos -- really?) just about as much everyone else here. However, if you've been here for any decent amount of time, you have to recognize the decent things CFK has done for the people in Argentina. Asignacion universal por hijo, jubilaciones, conectar igualdad, matrimonio igualitario...

Back