What happens if I overstay my tourist visa by 90 additional days?

Fiscal

Registered
I submitted my app to Radex but they want a new FBI background check because I have traveled to the US for short trips since the date of the FBI background check. It would likely take months to get a new FBI background check, even assuming I can get my fingerprints taken somewhere in this tiny pueblo. So I may just go back to the US without completing the process (yet again). Thing is, I will have overstayed my visa by a significant amount. I recall reading posts where someone who overstayed their tourist visa was forced to sign something and then banned from re-entry. Is that the most likely scenario?

Are you on a tourist visa or a "desembarco provisorio"? I've consulted a lawyer recently and the "desembarco provisorios" under which family members enter is not a tourist visa and the repercussions of overstaying it could feasibly be very different from those of overstaying a tourist visa in normal times. She also stated there is no possibility of extending a desembarco provisorio nor changing to a different visa category. If anyone has info to the contrary please share.

Are you on a tourist visa or a "desembarco provisorio"? I've consulted a lawyer recently and the "desembarco provisorios" under which family members enter is not a tourist visa and the repercussions of overstaying it could feasibly be very different from those of overstaying a tourist visa in normal times. She also stated there is no possibility of extending a desembarco provisorio nor changing to a different visa category. If anyone has info to the contrary please share.

I don't know how to tell, but they just wrote 90 days into my passport when I got here. I spoke to a lawyer and he claims they only ban people if you are a perma-tourist doing border runs. But I feel like I recall someone here posting they overstayed, were forced to sign a document, and were barred from re-entry. I just cant find the post anymore.

If you entered Argentina after the border closed in March 2020 you are not here under a tourist visa, you are here under a "desembarco provisorio". Different thing and I can't say what overstaying would cause.

If you entered Argentina after the border closed in March 2020 you are not here under a tourist visa, you are here under a "desembarco provisorio". Different thing and I can't say what overstaying would cause.
I entered in December of 2020 using my son's birth certificate as permission to enter to see him.

I don't know how to tell, but they just wrote 90 days into my passport when I got here. I spoke to a lawyer and he claims they only ban people if you are a perma-tourist doing border runs. But I feel like I recall someone here posting they overstayed, were forced to sign a document, and were barred from re-entry. I just cant find the post anymore.
I have been reading this board for a lot longer than I have been a member, I seem to remember what you are referring to as well.

(I can't remember if it was fact or someone was thinking out loud, in the form of posting about it all.)

I have been reading this board for a lot longer than I have been a member, I seem to remember what you are referring to as well.

(I can't remember if it was fact or someone was thinking out loud, in the form of posting about it all.)
yes, it was a poster who was married or engaged to an Argentinian if I recall.

Here are two related threads I found using the words "reentry" and "denied" in a search for those words in titles only:

Here are two related threads I found using the words "reentry" and "denied" in a search for those words in titles only:

Thank you!

Back