What Is Most Impressive Restaurant In Ba For New Year's Day?

We went to the Park Hyatt for drinks and then on to Elena. They were running behind at the Park Hyatt, which in turn made us late for Elena, so - despite having called ahead and received assurances that it was fine - we ended up having appetizers in the ambiance-free Pony Line bar next door before moving into a freezing cold semi private room for the rest of the meal. The food was so/ so - I say this because the meat seemed fine, not life-changing, but the vegetarian dishes myself and the other person had left a lot to be desired. One was inedible. I would not consider going back or recommending the place.

Not impressive! There really wasn't much open, so I'm not sure how much better we could have done given that they didn't want anything too formal. I think dinner at the Hyatt, Alvear or Faena would easily have been better and the prices wouldn't have been too much higher, if at all.

Depends on your real definition of impressive which is different for everyone.
If you want good, honest and basic food and service I can recommend My Friend David in Puerto Olivos.
Plastic chairs and tables, seating outside and inside. Great parrilla. Very friendly staff, especially the owner, Miguel, who always treats me like a long lost son, although I barely know him.
Making the customers feel welcome is half the battle. Miguel even gives us a free after dinner drink most times we go. Charming and basic, which is how I like my restaurants.
http://ivbeenthere.com/place-info/My-Friend-David/4c8930d71052370467d2c6f1/-34.506552281586,-58.476830106449/

Anyone who says contrary to your views here ; Anything involving Bajo

is a troll!!

Right!!! Got it!

Speak for yourself.....jajajaj.... Once again Citizenship Does requires a new Thread..... YESS

Maybe there are some TRolls according to the definition...!!!

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into ...

Maybe there are some TRolls according to the definition...!!!

I guess by definition, almost every 2nd person ( including you - Rich one) here is a troll here then, basis :-

a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into ...

--

We as a collective expat group are lucky to have locals particpating on the forum. If nothing else, at least we get to know their point of view on a subject. Even if its contrary to our belief system. It just gives a different perspective.

Personally, I do not understand all these arguments going on here about the government as if our lives depend on it. I have been staying in Buenos Aires since 2007 and I have lead a pretty decent life here. The previous government did not impede my path in leading a good life or entering or exiting the country and becoming a citizen eventually. Yes, their were some minor inconveniences cos of the blue dollar/ or import restrictions/ high costs of cell phones here, but then no one forced me to continue living in BA. I decided to continue as I was obviously having a good time. Regarding the new government, if I can continue staying here and having the same life as before or slightly better, I have no complaints with them either. Anyway, who the hell am I to compain! Like a famous person once said "Do not ask what this country has done for me. Say what you have done for this country"

Regarding how the previous government was treating its own people or how the new one will go one to treat its people, who are we ( as expats) to poke our nose in their private business. Live and Let live. No country or government is Perfect. We all have to try and contribute in whatever way we can to make the system efficient. Internet trolling will not help any country.

As far as I concerned, my reason for being here on this forum, is simple.I am very interested in participating on this forum to exchange information about Buenos Aires and Argentina. And how all of us can make our lives better here in Argentina by mutual exchange of information and our personal experiences of the day to day life, here.

I am not interested in starting arguments or upset anyone as far as I can / unless provoked relentlessly

We as a collective expat group are lucky to have locals particpating on the forum. If nothing else, at least we get to know their point of view on a subject

Like a famous person once said "Do not ask what this country has done for me. Say what you have done for this country"

As far as I concerned, my reason for being here on this forum, is simple.I am very interested in participating on this forum to exchange information about Buenos Aires and Argentina. And how all of us can make our lives better here in Argentina by mutual exchange of information and our personal experiences of the day to day life, here.

Ceviche, like you, I appreciate the forum participants and all the personal experiences, advice and information everyone so generously offers. The political discussions can be very energizing and informative, too, and should be a chance to exercise freedom of speech. I agree that we are lucky to have local people taking an interest in the forum, to give us outsiders better perspective, even though it does bother me when someone dominates a discussion. Like a couple of current threads.

One thought: when John F. Kennedy exhorted us, "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country," he was looking to the future rather than to the past. So as expats living in Argentina, what can we do for our host country?

I am not a troll but simply a long term resident,tax payer and U.S.and Argentine retiree who reads the forum every day like another newspaper.In my view,I have the right to participate in local political life which I do and to criticize any and all local government as much as I like
If I should become an Argentine citizen, I would feel that I had even more right to do so but that would be my own private decision.

I am not a troll but simply a long term resident,tax payer and U.S.and Argentine retiree who reads the forum every day like another newspaper.In my view,I have the right to participate in local political life which I do and to criticize any and all local government as much as I like
If I should become an Argentine citizen, I would feel that I had even more right to do so but that would be my own private decision.

Noesdeayer, I was not at all referring to you, and would never think of you as a thread-hog. But I sure wish I could wave a wand and get you to use spaces between sentences.

It's Not what you can do for your country but what your country can do for you... :)

Back