What Is Most Impressive Restaurant In Ba For New Year's Day?

homeinbuenosaires

Registered
I've got a friend coming to visit with his family, and we are looking for a place to have dinner on New Year's Day. We will be seven people, and it's one of only two nights that they are in town.

My guidelines are - 'best restaurant in town', and less formal and more 'fun' than Bistro Sur at the Faena Hotel. I don't think money will really be a problem, as long as wherever we go is worth it. I'm a vegetarian - the only one, I think - but assume that any excellent restaurant will be able to provide for me.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, and I know I'm asking for a miracle and a lot of places (I tried i latina) are closed that day. Ambience and great décor is important, and I would love it if the place had a garden or similar - if Milion's food were better, I might have tried there. Aramburu and Patagonia Sur were booked.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and I'll make a note of all suggestions to recommend to future visitors.

Hope you find something, but I'd imagine the outlook is not very good: most restaurants are closed and the ones that are open will likely be fully booked...

Aware of this, thanks, but Bistro Sur in the Faena is open and has room for us. I'd assume that all hotel restaurants would be open, and searching on Restorando I'm finding plenty of options with a table for 7. I'm just not sure which of these are good enough.

I also mentioned that I'd appreciate suggestions for future visitors.

La Bourgogne at the Alvear, perhaps. And Elena at the Four Seasons is stellar - and surprisingly inexpensive, considering.

Five Stars hotels are A sure choice from $1000 to $4000...!

My choice the Alvear Palace for a classical Versailles Salon .(NYE Not a La Bourgogne) ..Alvear Palace Will offer the traditional New Year's Gala Reveillon of 31/12 at The Versailles Hall dazzling , with live music, dancing and surprises (4808-2187). Three Courses nad Luigi Bosca Wines.

La Veuve Cliquot champagne not included.... jajajaj Maybe Tattinger. After dessert Chateau D'Yquem cordial

However shit happens a waiter poured the Malbec on your lady's dress and you will renege forever... :rolleyes:

http://www.cronista....41215-0047.html

cc151214c024f06.jpg_1328648940.jpg

Five Stars hotels are A sure choice from $1000 to $4000...!

My choice the Alvear Palace for a classical Versailles Salon .(NYE Not a La Bourgogne) ..Alvear Palace Will offer the traditional New Year's Gala Reveillon of 31/12 at The Versailles Hall dazzling , with live music, dancing and surprises (4808-2187). Three Courses nad Luigi Bosca Wines.

La Veuve Cliquot champagne not included.... jajajaj Maybe Tattinger. After dessert Chateau D'Yquem cordial

However shit happens a waiter poured the Malbec on your lady's dress and you will renege forever... :rolleyes:

http://www.cronista....41215-0047.html

cc151214c024f06.jpg_1328648940.jpg

Actually, the mains at Elena are in the 160-300 range, and that includes some that are meant to share. The wine is overpriced, admittedly.

For some reason my latest comment about Elena requires approval. But it's not anything close to $1000-4000.

That posted - go figure. I'll keep trying.

Main courses at Elena: 120-300...expensive wine.

Back