What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
arlean said:
WHO is it that is crazy? I just read an email from Mike Adams (Health Ranger) and he asks the question that persists in my mind:

How can a lone gunman fire off at least 100 rounds in a crowded theater full of people and have NOBODY fight back, shoot back or attempt to tackle him?
The guy literally walked in, tossed a couple of smoke bombs, started shooting everybody in sight, and for some reason that remains entire unexplained, they let him do it. When he finished, he walked out the door and calmly surrendered to police, mission accomplished. He was never shot at, stabbed, kicked, punched, tripped or attacked in any way whatsoever, apparently.

It amazes me that in America there was not one soul in the entire theater that could take the guy out.

I can see the point, but dont agree. What would Mike Adams do in that situation? Try and be the next Chuck Norris?!

I am pretty sure most would have been frozen in shock and / or ducking for cover.

My understanding is that he didn't just throw "a couple of smoke bombs" but tear gas... as taken from a comment on Gawker: "unless the casual movie-goer decided to roll into the midnight showing with a rifle capable of penetrating Holmes' ballistic armor, and had the wherewithal to take position, aim, and fire in the chaos of tear gas, people screaming and running, without hitting other innocents I'm thinking no, it would have been impossible to "take out that fool" in such a situation."

"You have a dark room + tearing agent + a few hundred people panicking. You'd be hard pressed to find even a trained person that could deal with that situation effectively."

Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

edit: before someone from the GOP chastizes me, please know that I'm just kidding (basically)

Adios_USA said:
.......emergency exit and opening the door
Always thought when an emergency exit door was opened in a public building, especially a cinema, an audible alarm is sounded. Real attention getter. Have not seen it reported where the alarm went off when the exit door was opened.

Whatever, tragedy that will defy an explanation.

dennisr said:
Always thought when an emergency exit door was opened in a public building, especially a cinema, an audible alarm is sounded. Real attention getter. Have not seen it reported where the alarm went off when the exit door was opened.

Whatever, tragedy that will defy an explanation.

It wasn't an emergency exit. It was just an exit. In the U.S., many theaters have exits at the front.

Two ways looking at this tragic event, pick yours:
- Those people got shot because they didn't have enough guns on them
- Those people got shot because it's way too easy to buy automatic rifles & 6.000 bullets

dennissr, for as long as I can remember, "emergency" exits at movie theaters are really only regular exits--good places to get out after movies as well as sneak in to catch a freebie ;-)

Guess that is what I get for thinking too much. Going to see a flick will become as cumbersome as taking a plane ride anymore. Metal detectors, shoes off..... World has gone mad.

dennisr said:
Guess that is what I get for thinking too much. Going to see a flick will become as cumbersome as taking a plane ride anymore. Metal detectors, shoes off..... World has gone mad.

A good friend of mine was in CO at the time of the shooting. He said the same thing; that he would probably have to go through airport-type security if he wanted to go to a movie.

Also, I know someone who is related to the six-year-old who died. So f***ing sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back