What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
texxaslonghorn said:
he would probably have to go through airport-type security if he wanted to go to a movie.
And then we ask what's wrong with this people?

Lack of education (not only information, but the only education which matters: love from our parents or relatives, i.e. family), pressure, control, too much entertainment, too little real work...our society is deeply sick. That's what is wrong with all of us.

texxaslonghorn said:
Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

edit: before someone from the GOP chastizes me, please know that I'm just kidding (basically)
Talk like that and the Texas legislature will charge you with treason.:D

In all seriousness, repealing the second amendment (right to bear arms) would plunge the USA into a civil war in my view. Even talking about such a proposal could get your house torched in certain areas of the country. You can call it sick, barbaric or whatever, it is not going to change. It is what it is.

French jurist said:
Two ways looking at this tragic event, pick yours:
- Those people got shot because they didn't have enough guns on them
- Those people got shot because it's way too easy to buy automatic rifles & 6.000 bullets

How 'bout crazy people will do crazy shit?

Have you heard about the "tirador de Belgrano":

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1145631-...-tirador-de-belgrano-y-ordenan-su-internacion

The tirador (shooter) de Belgrano attacked 3 times until he was arrested. He used a gun because you cannot buy a machine gun in Argentina. He was able to kill only one person and another 13 were wounded during 3 attacks.

If you want to have a gun in Argentina you can do it, its easier than buying dollars, for sure. But you can have only guns (no machine guns) and you have to do a psychiatric evaluation. This is more reasonable than buying machine guns by internet without any control about how crazy you are.

Regards

Facts talk.

1 dude with a machine gun takes on a movie theater probably with over 100 adults in it.

batman armed with ninjitsu takes on hundreds of badguys with machineguns.

people are pussies and ninjitsu is awesome

http://foolosofer.wordpress.com/

some dude whipped out a gun in Seattle a couple years back in a public place and started shooting. some ghetto dude jumped his ass without thinking twice. *self edited the racism*

The case of the Belgrano Shooter happened 6 years ago and in this society is considered as an isolated incident. Hardly an observation worth making into a rule.

He had a pistol because he could buy one.
Can't and won't speculate he would have procured one or more firepower elsewhere had he not had the ability to buy his legally.
Wonder what do you know that allows you to declare that he would have used a MG had he been enable to get one, when he used a marginal caliber (.380ACP) when he could have used a more devastating one?

Close to 700.000 people are registered gun owners in Argentina, there are also an undisclosed number of gun owners that we might never know about.

This should be about crazy and what crazy does? How to treat and prevent it.
Do not make it about what crazy uses as instruments. That is just turning your back to the problem and refuse to see it.

BS walks.

Iznogud said:
The case of the Belgrano Shooter happened 6 years ago and in this society is considered as an isolated incident. Hardly an observation worth making into a rule.

He had a pistol because he could buy one.
Can't and won't speculate he would have procured one or more firepower elsewhere had he not had the ability to buy his legally.
Wonder what do you know that allows you to declare that he would have used a MG had he been enable to get one, when he used a marginal caliber (.380ACP) when he could have used a more devastating one?

Close to 700.000 people are registered gun owners in Argentina, there are also an undisclosed number of gun owners that we might never know about.

This should be about crazy and what crazy does? How to treat and prevent it.
Do not make it about what crazy uses as instruments. That is just turning your back to the problem and refuse to see it.

BS walks.

I think the point is that if he had used a more lethal weapon then obviously he would have had the ability to kill many more people. If he actually chose to use the weapon he did, or if he was forced to do so because he did not have access to something more dreadful, is irrelevant. What is relevant is the idea that less lethal weaponry in the hands of crazy people likely will equate to a safer society and less lives lost. Therefore, whether you want to hear it or not, there is a reasonable argument to be made for tighter gun control in this regard. When it comes to something this important it seems to me you must actually listen first before you have the right to say no.

558087_351569841586673_1646955884_n.jpg

hannstew said:

Whoever put this together is an idiot. The AR-15 is certainly not an assault weapon nor is it a sniper weapon. If you want to argue with me I'll be happy to refer to you my USMC issued weapons guide.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back