What is wrong with these people!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GS_Dirtboy said:
Whoever put this together is an idiot. The AR-15 is certainly not an assault weapon nor is it a sniper weapon. If you want to argue with me I'll be happy to refer to you my USMC issued weapons guide.

Have a nice day.

I think you missed the irony of the post. Go back to the link and read it again.

Shwidelson said:
I think the point is that if he had used a more lethal weapon then obviously he would have had the ability to kill many more people. If he actually chose to use the weapon he did, or if he was forced to do so because he did not have access to something more dreadful, is irrelevant. What is relevant is the idea that less lethal weaponry in the hands of crazy people likely will equate to a safer society and less lives lost. Therefore, whether you want to hear it or not, there is a reasonable argument to be made for tighter gun control in this regard. When it comes to something this important it seems to me you must actually listen first before you have the right to say no.

Agree with you. The key word in your post is "he" (the killer) not the choice of means avaiable or employed/ Just listen to yourself first.

If I'm to be a victim of one of these wackos I honestly do not care how he's going to "express" his social inadequacy.
Sincerely hope society is going t be able to stop him or take appropiate measures to detect and restrain him instead of wastng time, money and efforts going after those who respect the Law. Same goes for crime.

Iznogud said:
Agree with you. The key word in your post is "he" (the killer) not the choice of means avaiable or employed/ Just listen to yourself first.

If I'm to be a victim of one of these wackos I honestly do not care how he's going to "express" his social inadequacy.
Sincerely hope society is going t be able to stop him or take appropiate measures to detect and restrain him instead of wastng time, money and efforts going after those who respect the Law. Same goes for crime.

OK, so it's the individual that makes the decision to kill, not the gun. We get it. You've made your point redundantly clear. But you continue to plug your ears and sing. It's not one or the other. My point is that, along with the fact that we need to do a better job at identifying and preventing sick people from acting out in the first place, as you suggest, it's also obvious that more people have died and will continue to die because these guns are allowed to be produced and made readily available to these people. So why can't we both work on drafting and implementing reasonable restrictions alongside working harder to stop and treat these killers ahead of time? Which objective do you think would be more easy to accomplish and more quickly? Tell us, why do you insist on having the right to a weapon like this in the first place? You don't need it to hunt. You don't need it to protect your family. Why do more people have to die just so you, Isnogud, can be entertained and feel like a big man with your toys. And please don't give me some simple-minded BS about the constitution. Or are you waiting for the revolution? Give me a break.

You were doing fine, making sense and being reasonable up to this point "You don't need it to hunt. You don't need it to protect your family..." Then you went full retard. You never go full retard.

36e2np.jpg

Well I can't argue it anymore, but I think we're close. As soon as you realize the Taliban is not coming to rob your house I think we'll be on the same page.

Iznogud said:
Then you went full retard. You never go full retard.

Actually, Billy Bob Thornton went full retard on Slingblade and got not only an Oscar, but also Angelina Jolie.

The chick digs guns (and is also batshit crazy).:D

Shwidelson, I do not think of guns as defensive or offensive options. Period.
I practice and teach responsible use and awareness of their capabillities.

Zombie armageddon is what keeps me awake at night...;)

If I could I would move to Switzerland.

They have trustworthy banks and all citizens are required by law to be armed with (at the least) semi automatic weapons.

And they also have very good cheese as well as Swiss Miss.

And the incidence of gun violence is very low.

braytrain said:
1 dude with a machine gun takes on a movie theater probably with over 100 adults in it.

batman armed with ninjitsu takes on hundreds of badguys with machineguns.

people are pussies and ninjitsu is awesome

Perhaps we should take a collection to raise the funds to get you back to your buddy's wedding.

But you would have to sign an agreement enforceable in Argentina that you would never return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back