Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Parilladas

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Ice cream

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other - tell us in the comments!

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
You're very silly. I don't recall anyone saying anything about lamb except for you. Meat and potato pies are found everywhere in the world. The english didn't invent them. And this thread is about food that the locals eat, not where we think every specific item originated. That would be a circular mostly biased discussion. How bout we just talk about good Argentinian fare and leave the nationalism for other threads.

fifs2 said:
It's about the lamb..duhh! and the food fare in Rosario last year claimed that Lemon Pie originated from Argentina too...debate ignorance if you will. Who cares.

fifs2 said:
It's about the lamb..duhh! and the food fare in Rosario last year claimed that Lemon Pie originated from Argentina too...debate ignorance if you will. Who cares.

The ignorant one is you . Always raving about your european culture and your better manners etc etc . I do not see anything attractive about the United Kingdom and their food is famous for being amongst the worlds worst. Lately they are claiming that they have a food culture from the foods they stole from the Indian continent.

Every day argentinian food is fine and tasty and we are happy with our pizzas, empanadas, and facturas as they are!!

Grilled mollejas (the good kind) are my favorite and I think are truly argentine. Are really good at La Cabrera and Don Julio.

Second place is matambrito de cerdo.

It took me two years to get a taste for empanadas and milanesas, but I have to say they have finally found a large place in my heart and I get the urge for a great empanada* at least once a month. In fact, my liking for a great empanada is only rivaled by the EXTREME sadness and disappointment of eating a not-great empanada. It's enough to make me not eat empanadas unless the probability of greatness is at least 80%, which isn't very often, sadly... *All of the above can be applied to milanesas.

I'm surprised to see there aren't more lovers of locro! I loooove locro, but I barely ever get a chance to eat it unless I go to Las Cabras or Cumaná. It's actually one of the reasons I'm OK with staying in BA through the winter... increased probability of finding locro, yum!

I also want to ad that I've only been to England once (January 2011), but I fully enjoyed every single meal I had there!

I personally don´t eat any mammals and the site of a parillada really grosses me out haha.

What about the Provoleta?

and Dulce de Leche?

and Bon Bon Escosesse?

I initially answered ice cream, as the argentine style is really delicious and I loooove dulce de leche granizado. BUT I was thinking about it and my favorite real argentine food (that is harder to locate in BA) is humita en chala, or the northern tamales (especially if I can track down chicken filling vs. beef). YUM.

For the person who likes locro, try 1810 on the corner of Guatemala and Julian Alvarez, in Palermo. The best!
Nancy

Reactions: tez
TomAtAlki said:
For the person who likes locro, try 1810 on the corner of Guatemala and Julian Alvarez, in Palermo. The best!
Nancy

And the empanadas are fantastic too!

Back