Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Parilladas

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Ice cream

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Other - tell us in the comments!

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
I voted for ice cream, but I have to say the empanadas rate high with me because they are baked rather than fried, as they are in most Latin American countries.

I know lots of expats don't like the food here, but I'd have to say my answer to the poll is "all of the above plus some."

Lots of good options. But I think there are two things that are huge improvements over the same available in other countries: bife y helado.

You can good a good steak in many countries. But the quality of the beef here is superb...we're talking generations of cattle eatin' grass. And the helado here is fantastic. Sure, it's great in Italy too and many other european and US locales.

The variety of food in BA is small and when you stray from the limited cuisines it's a huge step down. Can make empanadas, milanesas, and everything else on that list in any other country and perhaps even make it taste better than here. But for bife, you can't beat the genetics involved over so many lifetimes.

Think it's so funny so many people like empanadas......the word is actually considered a curse word in my house at this point of being so tired of them!

Back