What Is Your Favourite Place In Buenos Aires ?

I like Plaza de los dos Congresos. I get to see lots of dogs walking past, all types of people and in the view I have Avenida de Mayo, Del Molino
and the Congress building. Plus, with politics being what they are, there´s often some excitement going on.

parque Centenario. It;s no beautiful and the grass is not really green but it'sauthentic with several interesting spaces like a theater, a lake, the market of books and the market during the weekend, lot;s of joggers, choripan, what else can you ask?

Furchi is a mediocre chain of industrial ice cream, while Cadore and Jauja make small batches of exquisitely creative flavors.

Furchi in Cabildo is an independent. (See below, from the Argentina Independent top 5 Independent Ice Cream Parlours.

Furchi, Belgrano
This pleasant little parlour, founded in 1959, was one of the first ice cream shops to open in Belgrano. A family-run business started by Miguel Furchi with strong Italian roots; today Furchi is run by nephew Mercurio.
Furchi stands out among the rest as doesn’t include any type of conservatives or additives. Mercurio says that “our ice cream contains less fat than other types at 6-10% fat and 20-22% sugar content.”
There are an assortment of flavours, almost sixty to choose from, all neatly listed by category on the board. Special flavours available here are ‘Queso con frutilla’ (Mascarpone cheese and strawberry), ‘Fresco y Bata’ (Dulce de batata with mascarpone), ‘Ananá con perejil’ (Pineapple and Parsley) and the very highly-rated ‘Pan Dulce Helado’ (Christmas cake made out of ice cream) especially for the festive season.
Av Cabildo 1508, 4783-1689. Small cone, $15; kilo $83. No website, but delivery but phone is available.

So,

1. Not a chain.
2. Free from additives and conservatives (not industrial).

Juaja is a chain, not a criticism but you suggested Furchi was and implied that was a criticism.

Hopefully that has cleared up your confusion.

Furchi in Cabildo is an independent. (See below, from the Argentina Independent top 5 Independent Ice Cream Parlours.

Furchi, Belgrano
This pleasant little parlour, founded in 1959, was one of the first ice cream shops to open in Belgrano. A family-run business started by Miguel Furchi with strong Italian roots; today Furchi is run by nephew Mercurio.
Furchi stands out among the rest as doesn’t include any type of conservatives or additives. Mercurio says that “our ice cream contains less fat than other types at 6-10% fat and 20-22% sugar content.”
There are an assortment of flavours, almost sixty to choose from, all neatly listed by category on the board. Special flavours available here are ‘Queso con frutilla’ (Mascarpone cheese and strawberry), ‘Fresco y Bata’ (Dulce de batata with mascarpone), ‘Ananá con perejil’ (Pineapple and Parsley) and the very highly-rated ‘Pan Dulce Helado’ (Christmas cake made out of ice cream) especially for the festive season.
Av Cabildo 1508, 4783-1689. Small cone, $15; kilo $83. No website, but delivery but phone is available.

So,

1. Not a chain.
2. Free from additives and conservatives (not industrial).

Juaja is a chain, not a criticism but you suggested Furchi was and implied that was a criticism.

Hopefully that has cleared up your confusion.

There are Furchis all around town. Jauja still makes all its ice cream in El Bolsón, and it's a branch here, not a franchise chain.

The museum
Malba – Fundación Costantini (Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires)

Check out the art, then stay for a meal at the adjacent restaurant, both are fantastic.

[font=Helvetica Neue'][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]1. Corrientes from Callao to the Obelisco, at night. It's a visual feast for the eyes. I even love just passing through there on the colectivo. It turns the corner and BOOM, the lights, the people, the pizzerias, such an iconic part of the city.

2. My favorite place to walk is Balcarce starting at Belgrano and heading south till it cuts off at Chile. The street starts up again in San Telmo and I love it there too, but that little pocket of Monserrat is especially gorgeous.

3. If you get off the subte (line D) at Cabildo and walk down Olleros toward Campos, you will see some incredibly beautiful houses. Very peaceful and green area. Holy $$$$.

4. My boyfriend and I did this a couple times on sunny Sundays: Carry only what you need. Keys, ID, minimal cash and monedas to come back on the bus. Dress down, because you're about to walk to La Boca. Walk south on Defensa, pass the Plaza Dorrego, pass the Parque Lezama, keep going. Go some more; you didn't miss it. Eventually, off to your left, you will see the Bombonera (Boca stadium). Walk towards it. From there you go a few blocks to El Caminito. The route will be obvious. Skip the touristy stuff you've already done. If you get hungry, eat a choripán at one of the little local places you run into between the stadium and the river. Then go buy some beers to drink sitting by the river. They give you plastic cups and open the beers if you ask. Yeah, it smells sometimes. Peru Beach it ain't. (But at Peru Beach you're surrounded by annoying chetos and perhaps made the mistake of ordering an overpriced, dry sandwich). There are porta potties in surprisingly good conditions--at least they were last time I did this, which admittedly was more than a year ago--and the neighborhood folks are generally nice and in a good mood. When the sun starts to set, take the 29 back home. Perhaps not recommendable for newbies, but to be honest on a Sunday you barely even see anyone in the streets before getting to the stadium. [/background]
[/font]

Back