What should I bring?

PhilipDT said:
technically that is true, but really not at all. Notice how there is a duty free before customs at EZE where everybody is busy stocking up on bottles upon bottles of booze? They don't care how much you bring in, they assume all the bottles are from their own duty free. I've brought in up to 12 bottles of wine once.

We brought our stuff in a container and had to leave our wine behind :(

katti said:
In general, life is is still cheaper here then it is in Europe. Some things are cheaper, some are more expensive. Some things are better here, some things are worse.

What I regret not bringing is a dishwasher, I have been doing some research (asked everyone who has one) and they all say they practically have to wash the dishes by hand before they put the plates in the dishwasher...
i dont underestand what you mean. my mother has one and she doesn´t wash the dishes before using it.... ¿¿¿¿???? she just puts them inside and works like a charm. they are expensive

For the chocolate seekers there is European Milka in selected places .You need the read the place of origin ,mostly it is from Brasil . My Coto carries the huge "Schokoladenkeks/chocolate and biscuitvariety at 40 pesos ( 300g bar the type at airports)There are smaller bars but you will really need to read the label .

It's almost impossible to predict, but you'll think of at least 15 different things you wish you would have bought or brought from home within your first couple of months here. :D Happens every time... still happens to me and I've visited often enough. :rolleyes:

For most things you learn to do like the locals and deal without! :)

Eclair said:
It's almost impossible to predict, but you'll think of at least 15 different things you wish you would have bought or brought from home within your first couple of months here. :D Happens every time... still happens to me and I've visited often enough. :rolleyes:

For most things you learn to do like the locals and deal without! :)

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I have been in Italy for 4 years now and have learnt to live without lots of thing. Having saif that because necessity is the mother of all invention I've learnt to make most things that I missed.
Im feeling like a proffesional expat now!

mulderfox said:
i dont underestand what you mean. my mother has one and she doesn´t wash the dishes before using it.... ¿¿¿¿???? she just puts them inside and works like a charm. they are expensive

Really??? She does not have to wash the dishes first? They go from the table straight in the dishwasher??? What brand? What type???

Back