What should I bring?

Here's my definites:

- any electronics you may need including a Vonage router (telephone), Wireless router, etc.
- power plug adapters for US to Argentine outlets (though you can buy power strips with universal plugs)
- a power converter if any of your electronics do not work on 220V
- your favorite hot sauce
- high quality sheets and towels
- gum (the gum here is horrible compared to US brands)
- cordless phone (also expensive here)

just bring as much as you can...do not assume you can "get it over there" - I keep making that mistake with things like bathrobes and winter coats only to end up annoyed at the quality here and doing without for yet another year! - the quality of clothes here is terrible and they're far more expensive than at home.
Good coffee (if you're a fan) and good chocolate too (even the Cadbury stuff here tastes "weird"...not like in the UK at all. Any stuff you might need for your computer...even down to pen-drives. Electronics here are through the roof - I'm guessing you won't need much if you live in a furnished place.
Any kind of luxury bath project you enjoy...soap, shampoo etc is fine to get here but I always miss decent bath salts, bubbles etc - and there are only about 3 brands of shower gel. Same for perfumes/aftershaves which are expensive
Books in english can be found - but are very pricey...even 2nd hand copies.
I'd also second everything people have said about pots and pans, fluffy towels, sheets, etc... I'm sure your apartment will have the basics though so maybe that is something to bare in mind when you next visit (or if someone is coming to visit you here)

I just came back and I cannot believe that I forgot my adaptor for my philips toothbrush! Anyone know where I can get one?

Vegemite - even if you dont like the stuff you will be able to sell it at a huge mark up to a dodgy Australian

Back