What should we bring?

What kind of artwork? Are you a collector or an artist yourself?
If you are a collector, I would be very hesitant to bring artwork here as it is complicated and costly to get it back out if you change your mind about the "for good" part.
If you are an artist I would still be hesitant about bringing artwork in, for the same reason. It is very difficult to ship to international buyers as you need to get permission for each piece.
http://www.cultura.gov.ar/direcciones/?info=detalle&id=51&idd=5

As far as other stuff goes, I would bring any electronics you may need. I would also buy new clothes to bring as the price to quality here is terrible. Housewares I wouldn't bother with because there are tons of expats leaving these days and selling their very nice stuff. The one thing I brought that I could not get here or live without is a yogurt maker. There is only one brand of unsweetened yogurt here and it is not always available and very expensive. Mind the 240v thing though, we got ours from Australia....

Ghost, great You Tube on "Stuff". Did give me a much needed perspective.

So far on my for sure list: pots and pans, sheets and towels, electronics, new fangled pressure cooker, peanut butter and maple syrup, mosquito net, glad wrap, tequila.

Bar-B-Que sauce, aluminum foil, a duffle bag of US$100's ... gosh, the list goes on. :)

GS_Dirtboy said:
Bar-B-Que sauce, aluminum foil, a duffle bag of US$100's ... gosh, the list goes on. :)

Where are you that you can't find BBQ sauce or aluminum foil?? Or you can always just make your own sauce like we do!

StuckLikeGlue said:
Where are you that you can't find BBQ sauce or aluminum foil?? Or you can always just make your own sauce like we do!

I found BBQ sauce but it's really expensive. There is aluminum foil but it sucks. More like Aluminum tissue paper. :)

Back