What To Bring From Us?

chancellor

Registered
Apologies for a dumb question. Are there any essentials that you would recommend to bring with us for a 5 week trip? Are there things that are readily available in US, but harder to find in Buenos Aires? Thank you.

do a search.... this has been mentioned many times.... it depends on where you are staying and what you are planning to do here.... but bring a good laptop but internet cafes are around, --- bring dollars, towels.. set of good sheets... a frying pan... favorite foods( ranch dressing, peanut butter pancake syrup for an example) and spices are a start...it depends on what you can not live without.... but for only 5 weeks.... bring money and a jacket!!.. you will be fine but search some of the threads.... i think there are certain foods you will not find even a choice alcohol... if you love a certain whiskey or vodka it might not be here....

i remember when i first came the rental apartment i had sucked...i was so glad to bring a frying pan... since the one they had in the place looked like tin for the 1950s..i also like nice towels and a good set of sheets... but my first stay was for three months.....but maybe these are things you could care less about... good luck

HA HA .. amazing! what about buying a frying pan here? They cant be so bad! only for 5 weeks?
dollar, and bring Iphone 5 factory unlocked a good notebook, casio wristwatch and sell all of these including the frying pan.. before you leave!!
youl make some money quickly for it
regards

Thank you, both. I'll skip on frying pen - I like vintage ones :) Would love to bring my favorite vodka and bourbon, but I'm afraid I won't be able to carry a full case.

Last time I checked there was limit of one liter of booze but other members have brought in more with no trouble.

It's difficult to find previous threads on this subject because the key words are so common.

If anyone can find some of them I hope they'll copy and paste the links in this thread...

Oh dear..what a bunch of divas expats sounds like (a la Jlopez - what next 500 thread sheets plus only green m&ms?).Come on guys...it was hard going for me for 9 years but for 5 weeks in a foriegn country without home luxuries is a walk in the park?
Bring nothing..just a sense of adventure and a conscientiousness of the potential to be a crime victim..you'll be more than well armed and can live life the Porteno way...

Apologies for a dumb question. Are there any essentials that you would recommend to bring with us for a 5 week trip? Are there things that are readily available in US, but harder to find in Buenos Aires? Thank you.

Cigarettes. Pall Mall Menthol 100s. Two packs. No make it three. Not for you, but for me. I miss Pall Mall smokes. I'll pay you when you get here.

Back