What To Wear Day To Day!!

My girls almost all wear platform shoes because of the broken, uneven sidewalks, but they also wear heels sometimes, particularly when going out, even if it involves walking over uneven paving and climbing in and out of buses.

I see a lot of girls with platform, but the kind made of cork or hardened sponge that are lighter (zuecos). Here girls are short, so they wear very high platforms. Personally, I just have Ferragamo's classics (with stilettos, 8 cm tall) and they sit in my closet because I live in an area with small cubic paving-stone and the usual uneven sidewalks which are common throughout Buenos Aires - plus I am already tall.
Also, try jumping on a bus with high heels and you'll tell me.... here bus drivers go around like crazy and don't even wait for the bus doors to close, so I think high heels would make bus riding even more dangerous.

On a side note, since here people don't care very much about fashion, if you just bring a limited selection of clothes/shoes, nobody will notice.

You can see Argentinian zuecos here: http://www.dafiti.com.ar/femenino/calzado/zuecos/
Very popular are also alpargatas.

Just curious, Samra2 -
Do eduacated, middle-class women dress like that in Lebanon?

Argentina is a Latín American country, not a strict Muslim state. Plenty of girls dress like putas here. ;) You'll be fine. :)

That's true, but then everyone will cal you "gato". Here if a woman uses lots of makeup and a short dress than she shouldn't be surprised if they cat call her.

Just curious, Samra2 -
Do eduacated, middle-class women dress like that in Lebanon?

Just to clarify, the photo I posted is not me. It was for demonstration purposes.
But women in Lebanon take great care of themselves ( hair, nails, makeup, perfume), no matter the education level. It's cultural.
Regarding dress, no they do not dress like the photo but they do dress stylishly. I lived in the USA for years and I know that in the American culture dress is pretty conservative compared to other counties.

That's true, but then everyone will cal you "gato". Here if a woman uses lots of makeup and a short dress than she shouldn't be surprised if they cat call her.

That's not my intention. I was just wondering how tolerant the streets are of stylish/edgy/borderline sexy clothes.
As for makeup, less is more. As long as u look good .

I see a lot of girls with platform, but the kind made of cork or hardened sponge that are lighter (zuecos). Here girls are short, so they wear very high platforms. Personally, I just have Ferragamo's classics (with stilettos, 8 cm tall) and they sit in my closet because I live in an area with small cubic paving-stone and the usual uneven sidewalks which are common throughout Buenos Aires - plus I am already tall.
Also, try jumping on a bus with high heels and you'll tell me.... here bus drivers go around like crazy and don't even wait for the bus doors to close, so I think high heels would make bus riding even more dangerous.

On a side note, since here people don't care very much about fashion, if you just bring a limited selection of clothes/shoes, nobody will notice.

You can see Argentinian zuecos here: http://www.dafiti.co...calzado/zuecos/
Very popular are also alpargatas.

Yeah, you're right, the shoe you linked to is very common here.

I was thinking of these (as well as other styles, but huge platform, short boots):

Monster-02.jpg

They seem to have come into style this year and, of course, were mostly worn in the winter :)

As far as heels and getting on buses - I've always thought the same thing and when the girls go out, I always give them a hard time about wearing them...

Two of my sisters-in-law (18 and 16) are about 170 cm tall, which for here is a bit above average and they still like to wear these huge platforms. Apparently they are the rage at UADE and the collegiate crowd. They make the girls taller than (or at least as tall as) me!

But I like the zuecos you linked to much more!

Yeah, you're right, the shoe you linked to is very common here.

I was thinking of these (as well as other styles, but huge platform, short boots):

Monster-02.jpg

They seem to have come into style this year and, of course, were mostly worn in the winter :)

As far as heels and getting on buses - I've always thought the same thing and when the girls go out, I always give them a hard time about wearing them...

Two of my sisters-in-law (18 and 16) are about 170 cm tall, which for here is a bit above average and they still like to wear these huge platforms. Apparently they are the rage at UADE and the collegiate crowd. They make the girls taller than (or at least as tall as) me!

But I like the zuecos you linked to much more!

Yes the Frankenstein shoes have become very popular this year. I wonder if there has been an increase in Orthopaedic visits as well?

Yeah, I saw also doctor marteen's like models. I have always wondered how much do they weigh!
Apparently they are the rage at UADE and the collegiate crowd. They make the girls taller than (or at least as tall as) me!

I still have to figure out why girls can wear miniskirts as uniforms. They are thin, tall, long-legged, with mini-skirts just below their bottom... seriously, they look like some hentai character.
In Italy 1) they wouldn't be allowed to enter the school (un)dressed like that 2) they would probably get raped while going to school 3) I don't know how many parents would be comfortable in sending out their daughter looking like a bait for a pedophile.
Still shocked. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am often on the collectivo late at night, coming and going from concerts- and the Chicas usually wear sneakers, and carry their heels in their bags. You can see them, at 2am, as their stop approaches, putting on their heels, so they can descend from the bus in front of the club in all their glory.
I have seen every level of formal in the same location, often, in BsAs.
Heels are certainly not uncommon, nor are sandals.

Back