What We Like About Argentina

I would have love to have known Argentina before all the dirty Tanos showed up:

http://baexpats.org/topic/24466-are-the-italians-to-blame-for-argentinas-demise/page__hl__italian

My guess is that Isadora will be begging for some of that good ole 'Merican style political correctness after viewing that thread.

Reactions: Joe
This brings back a lot of good memories, though. The next time someone attempts to post something positive on this forum, I guess I'll probably make some kind of comparison with US politics or a random generalization about the behaviour of Argentine women. Success assured.

I know what this is all about.

Isadora is still in her honeymoon faze and you all ARE JEALOUS. Yes JEALOUS

Just like the old man that looks at the young lovers and their passionate embrace knowing that intensity of emotion is only in his past.

But instead of accepting their happiness you strike out in a fit of envy.

You did the same thing to The Pink Possum when he also expressed his euphoria and endearment for the progressive nature of Argentine politics.

Please take your petty feelings of envy and jealousy back to Yanquilandia.

Why nobody mentioned the hatred between Northern Italians and South Italians? The former blame the latters for the country failure(s), and apparently this theory find consensus even among the US participants of this forum. I'd move to set this straight on Wikipedia, once and for all.

I guess I all depend on how far you keep the magnifying glass from the map.

And I am not offended: Italy is truly rotten to the bone as far as corruption goes, which is also one of the many reasons why I left.
The only good thing there was the food, then they started altering it to make a bigger profit.
Ever read about tomato cultivation in Sicily next to dumpsters?
Or about the veggies that grow in Campania where they don't even have legal dumpsters and all the bad stuff penetrates into the soil?
Did you know they found out they where adding white ceramics to dairy products to make them look whiter? This happened near Salerno, in Campania.
And what about that taralli plant (taralli are salty snacks) where they used animal food to save on raw ingredients?

I do really think there are some bad Italians out there, and they inevitably spread some of that bad. But there are also the goods, we just don't remember them.

I'm sorry, but while we do have the wonderfully red state of Kentucky in our blessed union, we are sadly lacking in the deliciously rich and decadent mozzarrella lathered Kentucky pizza of fame. I fear I could never give up a good mozzarrella at 7 in the morning. Yanquilandia will have to wait.

I do really think there are some bad Italians out there, and they inevitably spread some of that bad. But there are also the goods, we just don't remember them.

I'm sure Da Vinci did some cool things.

Now lets go toss the ol' pigskin and make bets on how far USA selection will get in the world cup: All the way baby!

TCJi6Sg.jpg

I like that Buenos Aires Farms kept Oban Whisky Distillery open.

Along with a few other things.

slàinte mhath

I think I missed out on the honeymoon phase. Just over a month here now and there are lot of things I like, and a few I don't but nothing all that strong either way.
I like the big city/european mix of shops and residence. Its really wonderful to be able to walk for most shopping.
I like overall friendliness and helpfulness of most people I have met. (shops are great about helping me stumble through limited Spanish).
I like the way traffic patterns work with all the one way streets.

Back