What will the Dollar be worth End 2020.!

When I posted about 185 an hour ago, I hadn't seen the news yet this morning. Right now C5N is showing 172-178

The sky's the limit at this point. If true panic sets in, this could go to 250 by the end of the year. I am honestly apprehensive at this point.

I remember a few months back - when there was already a significant gap between the official and the blue - some posters here were still using their US credit cards ...

Just out of curiosity: still anyone out there paying their bills at the official rate? (now with 120-130% difference)

180, 200, 220... we have all of this complication yet the central bank reserves which it is designed to protect are still evaporating.

Like the government's famous quarantine, it just does not work to solve the problem.
It is all about attracting the confidence of those who have the money - not demanding their confidence through half-baked decrees and policies to satisfy those who don't have the money. As long as we keep living in la-la land of wanting our cake and eating it too, this cycle is going to continue.

I remember a few months back - when there was already a significant gap between the official and the blue - some posters here were still using their US credit cards ...

Just out of curiosity: still anyone out there paying their bills at the official rate? (now with 120-130% difference)

Hell naw. I actually pay all my expenses here in with my WU pesos then request to be reimbursed by my company in my US account. They pay the official rate.

Hell naw. I actually pay all my expenses here in with my WU pesos then request to be reimbursed by my company in my US account. They pay the official rate.
You are straddling the line of being opportunistic / dishonest, but good for you if you like what you see in the mirror

Thats good ... ;) never heard that, but you benefit not once, but twice from the blue....

They have no plan to turn things around. The government is only putting out more measures to keep dollars from leaving. These are all bandaids for a huge wound. No matter how many regulations you put, dollars are still going to bleed out.

They had a meeting today about how to reduce the gap. Here are the bullet points:

- Regulations to reduce CCL
- We must export more
- No sector is more important than another sector
- A stable macroeconomy helps development
- If productivity doesn't get better either will poverty.
....etc

If you manage capital does any of the above give you confidence to move it to Argentina? They are vague obvious points "we must export more," wow really?

Maybe if they released a document about 10 ways we will stimulate exports:

- Reduce export taxes
- Simplify regulations by doing x, y, and z
- Providing credit for qualifying businesses

Companies come to Argentina to invest and we will give you these incentives for the first 5 years. A commodity boom isn't coming any time soon to save them.

Damn, that's clever! Good for you.

You are straddling the line of being opportunistic / dishonest, but good for you if you like what you see in the mirror

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matthew 7:3-5

Back