What will the Dollar be worth End 2020.!

My speculation - The peso has already been quietly devaluating by a few cents each day. The average sell rate is already 84.
I have my doubts whether these quiet devaluations will be enough to somehow limit the gap. Only today the usd went up 7 pesos.
But a gradual devaluation might certainly be an option

In my experience, every time an Argentine government categorically announces they WON'T DO "X or Y", it means they are about to do it.

Yes, you're right about that. If the president needs to make a comment on it, you know something is wrong. Don't worry no major devaluation is coming is currently their newest pronouncement.

I remember when the peso was starting to show some weakness in 2018 and Macri came out and said "tranquilos, no pasa nada" and shortly later it all exploded and they had to go to the IMF.

In my experience, every time an Argentine government categorically announces they WON'T DO "X or Y", it means they are about to do it.

It would be suicidal if the Ministro Guzman would say next week we may devalue 40 % or more. It would be a Tsunami of dollar buying . People would borrow heavily to purchase pesos..!, Mortage their homes etc.

Following is an article where 40 economists predict the value of the Dollar, Official and other colors.
A crystal ball competition 'bigger balls more accurate' ?

View attachment 7056
That worked out well

I remember when peronists were making fun of Macri when the peso was devaluing lol... Look at them now, peso going to hit 200 soon

Dollar $195 Bluest ... Black Monday.. Will sure break the $200 barrier..!
20 % devaluation expected before year end..! This will bring the economy to a standstill No one wants to sell dollars? or crops or sell imported goods and decide on replacement cost ..!

Back