What Would Dollarization Mean for Expats?

If you think he's exaggerating, go here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heads_of_state_of_Argentina
You can either page down a bunch of times, or just hit Ctrl-F and type "fernando de la", but-

De La Rua resigned on December 21 2001
Ramon Puerta was President for 2 days, resigning on the 23rd
Adolfo Rodriguez Saa (of the San Luis dynasty), was President for 7 days, resigning on the 30th of December
Eduardo Camaño was President for 3 days, resigning on January 2nd
Duhalde took over on January 2nd, and lasted almost a year and a half, until 25th May 2003

So, by my reckoning, it was 5 Presidents in 12 days. Just a little historical note, and a sober reminder of what a Charlie Foxtrot this country can be when things really go south.

I love Argentina deeply and sincerely. I hope to live here for the rest of my life. But one must be realistic.
I was here at the time and I remember the chaos.

How? The projections for Congress show a JxC plurality right now, beating both the Peronists and LLA
Listening to Macri's speech on PASO election night. Listening to what he said with Mahul last night. Listening to Milei for weeks.
And here, just unearthed, is Pagni speculating about exactly this possibility. Skip straight to the segment 49.57 to 50.30 and on to 51.37 about the Radicals. (The rest of the presentation is well worth listening to as well.)

15 August 2023
....With Milei now in the mix as a serious challenger, the October 22 presidential election has been thrown wide open with three main candidates. The results place him as the protagonist of a run-off if neither candidate reaches 45 percent support – or more than 40 percent with a 10-point lead over the runner-up – in the first round....

18 August 2023....Opinion and Analysis by Juan Luis Gonzalez
I read this article, from start to finish, and I'm deeply unimpressed. It's just a word collage, a mixed salad of nouns, verbs and adjectives, which never actually says anything. Well, aside from promoting the author's book.

How anyone could watch that lunatic rant & rave like that, and then vote for him, is beyond my imagining.

That is a dangerous man
Well look at Trump and how many people voted for him. He says a lot of stupid stuff but in the end his policies they believe are much better than Biden and the Democratic Party.

Well look at Trump and how many people voted for him. He says a lot of stupid stuff but in the end his policies they believe are much better than Biden and the Democratic Party.
better than Biden
You are familiar with the phrase, "damning with faint praise"?

"Hey, sweetheart that new perfume of yours smells better than dogshit."

better than Biden
You are familiar with the phrase, "damning with faint praise"?

"Hey, sweetheart that new perfume of yours smells better than dogshit."
I agree both Trump and Biden are both dogshit. Hard to fathom it's going to be those two clowns running again. My vote is for Vivek. SUPER sharp guy with good ideas.

Back