What Would Dollarization Mean for Expats?

is Milei a millionaire?
I have read there are some offshore corporations that own property in Miami, but seriously- does he actually have any money? I know he worked for a while in finance, but he doesnt seem to own any companies, its all very hazy in every article I can find online.
I know that cloning dogs cant be cheap, though.
Probably cheaper than sending government planes to Santa Cruz to deliver newspapers, a hairstylist or even an empty plane to pick up a certain notorious politician.

I'm sure this must be some tremendously clever in-joke, but you see, I'm not a Yonaite, and I have no idea why you're using my post to name-check some random woman. Do say "hi" to Rachael when you see
Sorry, I seriously thought you were making a joke. I just moved here 8 months ago, and everything in that last paragraph is incorrect. Except for Clinton being one of the greatest presidents ever. But to each their own 👍 If I see Maddow I will definitely say hi 👋 😅

Except for Clinton being one of the greatest presidents ever. But to each their own 👍 If I see Maddow I will definitely say hi 👋 😅
My favorite part of the Clinton administration was destroying the social safety net and welcoming in a new era of neoliberalism to crush what little remained of economic mobility post-Reagan.
is Milei a millionaire?
I have read there are some offshore corporations that own property in Miami, but seriously- does he actually have any money? I know he worked for a while in finance, but he doesnt seem to own any companies, its all very hazy in every article I can find online.
I know that cloning dogs cant be cheap, though.
I have always assumed so, how else could he afford to raffle off his salary? While I doubt he's as wealthy as the Ks or Macris, Someone/something is paying for his cost of living and it's not the salary he gets as a sometime deputy who gives it away.
Nice. Now the worried homophobes can find something else to mock
An obvious beard. His handlers told him the optics were not good.
I'm gay and if it came out he was a giant closet case I'd believe it, he reminds me of the kind of guys that would hit on me at bars when I was drinking under age as a teenager, yet would have a straight public persona or even a wife/kids and be Republican donor or staffer or something.

I don't think it's homophobic to question his sexuality, the man is fucking weird, and him being gay would be the first normal thing about him, but that's a big no-no in the Super Derechista universe. Still, based on his fellow travelers (Trump, Bolsonaro, Clinton, Berlusconi) I'd guess he's more of a Vladimir Nabokov fan if you read between the lines.

My favorite part of the Clinton administration was destroying the social safety net and welcoming in a new era of neoliberalism to crush what little remained of economic mobility post-Reagan.

I have always assumed so, how else could he afford to raffle off his salary? While I doubt he's as wealthy as the Ks or Macris, Someone/something is paying for his cost of living and it's not the salary he gets as a sometime deputy who gives it away.

I'm gay and if it came out he was a giant closet case I'd believe it, he reminds me of the kind of guys that would hit on me at bars when I was drinking under age as a teenager, yet would have a straight public persona or even a wife/kids and be Republican donor or staffer or something.

I don't think it's homophobic to question his sexuality, the man is fucking weird, and him being gay would be the first normal thing about him, but that's a big no-no in the Super Derechista universe. Still, based on his fellow travelers (Trump, Bolsonaro, Clinton, Berlusconi) I'd guess he's more of a Vladimir Nabokov fan if you read between the lines.

A person's sexuality should not be a factor however it's a reality that there are prejudiced people. In a world in which we are told that people can identify any way they want, should people be questioning Milei on how he chooses to identify?

A person's sexuality should not be a factor however it's a reality that there are prejudiced people. In a world in which we are told that people can identify any way they want, should people be questioning Milei on how he chooses to identify?
I can only speak from my prospective as a gay guy, but if one of the biggest "anti-woke" guys is in fact a closet case as many of us suspect, or, gasp, asexual/aromantic, it's very relevant since he's part of a movement that says it's people like me that are responsible for the collapse of western civilization.

It's like when women that make a social media career out of being anti-feminists complain about misogyny from famous right wingers and I'm like, well, yeah, that sucks, and discrimination is bad, but how many times are you going to put your hand on the stove and act surprised when you get burned?

Back