When I move here what special things should I bring that are hard to get?

Bring any electronics that you might need until your next visit to the US..... computers, phones, Chromecast, tablet.
Any new devices should be made to look like they've been in use ie: take them out of their box, setup user info. I've never heard of anyone being checked but there's always a first time.
$USD should be used 100's.
Tylenol is not available here.
Also before you leave... have bagels and lox and corned beef on rye. send me photos.
And I would add if you love Caesar salad, a proper one, have all you can eat before you leave, they don't exist in CABA.

I really try to immerse myself into the culture of a place and try not to think of things I miss from my before times but there are three things that I miss that are difficult to shake.

1) Don't know if it is the same in BA but, in Mendoza there is like no variety of chips (crisps). Cheese and like one other flavour and very few styles of chips. Potato and some corn chips and that's it. I know that is difficult to bring in but, I have chip cravings and the cheese flavoured potato chips don't hit the spot.

2) If you are not into mate and you like teas then you will not like the tea selection here. You can't find good tasting tea here that is strong and tastes good. Its my one thing that I have tried to bring in but with little luck.

3) Good quality mens shoes. Tough to find pairs that fit. Granted I even had this issue in my home country. I have size 11/12 feet with a high instep. It feels like outside of hiking boots, every pair I try sucks and either doesn't fit or is uncomfortable.
Yes, I understand the immersion in the culture and the products as well. I lived and worked in Thailand and Cambodia for 10 years. When I first arrived I spent a huge amount of time and energy trying to find stuff I thought I needed. The reality was that I really didn't need it at all or I could find a substitute. It takes a few years to do this, however.
Tell me about the tea thing? You say you "...tried to bring in but with little luck." Does customs not allow the importing of tea?

Toilet paper here is not really necessary if you have the bidet in my opinion, and most places I’ve been have the bidet. It’s an amazing thing and works very well compared to toilet paper. I don’t know why this isn’t common in the USA.
I was going to point that out.

Toilet paper cleaning is an unsanitary habit. Bidets are far superior, and their use saves quite a few trees per year. No toilet paper needed.
The only bidet I ever saw in the US was in Kennedy Airport's International arrivals terminal, many years ago.

If you can bring lots of crisp 100 dollar bills, and all the electronics you can carry is pretty much all you need to bring. The rest depends on you as in what you really need to use. For example, I sleep with Breath Right at night. They don't have them in Argentina any more due to Covid and supply chain problems.

You can find some really good quality made in Argentina clothes and shoes if you know where to look. It is better than buying cheap shit that ends up in landfill in less than year.

In general everything is much cheaper in Argentina, especially if you can convert dollars to pesos using the blue rate.

I was going to point that out.

Toilet paper cleaning is an unsanitary habit. Bidets are far superior, and their use saves quite a few trees per year. No toilet paper needed.
The only bidet I ever saw in the US was in Kennedy Airport's International arrivals terminal, many years ago.
And my house, lol...I got so used to a bidet in Thailand and Cambodia when I was there for 10 years that I install them wherever I live. I did it in the USA and now in Mexico and I will bring a sprayer with me to Argentina as well.

Bring any electronics that you might need until your next visit to the US..... computers, phones, Chromecast, tablet.
Any new devices should be made to look like they've been in use ie: take them out of their box, setup user info. I've never heard of anyone being checked but there's always a first time.
$USD should be used 100's.
Tylenol is not available here.
Also before you leave... have bagels and lox and corned beef on rye. send me photos.
You aren't suggesting they don't have rye bread, are you! LOL, barbarians all! lol

And my house, lol...I got so used to a bidet in Thailand and Cambodia when I was there for 10 years that I install them wherever I live. I did it in the USA and now in Mexico and I will bring a sprayer with me to Argentina as well.
Indeed! I'm either here or in Thailand and a bidet is a wonderful thing-as is a "bum gun".

Back