When I move here what special things should I bring that are hard to get?

They didn't have it. Lots of palaces have lens cleaning solutions, but not disposable lens wipes.
Get a microfiber cloth and the solution and you have yourself a more cost and environmentally friendly solution. These small adjustments are often necessary here as Argentina is generally not about consumer convenience (like say Japan or the US where single use products or different sizes or different flavors of just about anything are the norm)

Salad dressings that aren’t easy to make to taste like at home….Caesar, blue cheese, ranch, etc.

Maple syrup

Spices that aren’t super common (dill for me)

Nuts that aren’t peanuts

Does anyone else have trouble finding the rotating brushes for electric toothbrushes?

Salad dressings that aren’t easy to make to taste like at home….Caesar, blue cheese, ranch, etc.

Maple syrup

Spices that aren’t super common (dill for me)

Nuts that aren’t peanuts
Maple syrup- New Garden
Spices - El Gato Negro - huge variety of herbs and spices. I found Zatar there.
Nuts- Vitalcer - locations everywhere - yesterday I bought walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds. And ghee and pure peanut butter and hot sauce.

Yes, that has been mentioned a few times...I have a question about that as I love hot sauces. Do they have Tabasco sauce there? If they have that good and I won't bring that one...I assume I need to bring jalapeno and habanero sauces, correct?
Tabasco is easy to find. Expensive. There are very good Argentine hot sauces now.

Get a microfiber cloth and the solution and you have yourself a more cost and environmentally friendly solution. These small adjustments are often necessary here as Argentina is generally not about consumer convenience (like say Japan or the US where single use products or different sizes or different flavors of just about anything are the norm)

Instead of microfiber cloth I may just use pocket tissue paper and the solution. Tried wetting one as a test the other day and held up well. I carry tissue for my running nose so that will be good.

By the way, what not to bring, pocket size tissue paper. Here they have some superior tissue papers that come in small sizes and have a more elegant way to open them, just a line slit that you break open and it works better it seems than the complicated USA oval slit with sticker attached to it.

Vegemite.

Not that you'd want to eat it...unless you have a marsupial pouch on your belly... but its definitely hard to find.

Back