When will immigration reopen for DNI? I have been trying to contact them.

MDL

Registered
I am supposed to turn my DNI documents in before July 12. No one answers or responds to my inquiries. I need to return to the US and had hoped to present my documents before I left. Once I leave and with the airports closed, I won’t be able to get back into the country until September. Does anyone know what is happening at Migraciones or where I can turn in my documents?

Hm, maybe hire a lawyer to support. That way they can keep the ball rolling while you are away.

This is the same date that my current residency expires and we will try to do the in-person trámite for renewal on 31MAY (as you do it 3 months prior) Supposedly Migraciones on Av. Antártida will be open by then.

With the Covid crisis, fast track trámites are not available.

I am trying to find out how to renew the DNI extranjero in the cuarentena. There was a post by Bajo Cero, something about sending an e-mail with copy of the DNI attached. He wasn't sure of the e-mail address ending gob.ar or gov.ar.
So I tried this morning sending an e-mail to: [email protected] and received a reply back, from Immigrations, to send my request to a different address: Estimado, debe dirigir su consulta a [email protected]
Sent and now waiting a reply.

This is the reply received from [email protected] Translated to English, it says:

WE SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS MESSAGE CAREFULLY, POSSIBLY THE ANSWER TO YOUR INQUIRY IS FOUND.
(If not wait and it will be answered shortly) Atte.
National direction of Migration
NEW EXTENSION PROVISION
THE NATIONAL DIRECTION OF MIGRATIONS
HAS:
Provision 2205/2020
DI-2020-2205-APN-DNM # MI
City of Buenos Aires, 05/14/2020

ARTICLE 1 .- The validity of Provision DI-2020-1714-APN-DNM # MI is extended, which was extended by Provision DI-2020-1923-APN-DNM # MI, for the term of THIRTY (30) calendar days in all its terms.
ARTICLE 2 - This measure will take effect from the day of its publication in the OFFICIAL BULLETIN.
ARTICLE 3 - Communicate, publish, give yourself to the NATIONAL ADDRESS OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRY and file. Maria Florence Carignano

Frequent questions
Payment of Tickets
-The payment methods continue to be the usual ones: Banco Nación, Banco Provincia and Correo Argentino that accepts expired ballots.

I was wrong when they asked if I had a Background, I understood that he was referring to the Certificate and put YES, now what do I do?

-You will receive an email in the next 5 days where you will be enabled again to load correctly (always remember to check the spam email).

I have an appointment these days, do I have to introduce myself?

-Keep in mind for the day of the appointment, that if the quarantine period is maintained, in that case there will be no attention to the public, you must wait the following days where you will receive an email informing about the rescheduling of the same (remember to always check the email spam and information on the Page), regarding the expiration of your Precarious, are available on the Page and in the Official Gazette the Provisions that extend the expiration of the same 1714/2020 and 1923/2020.

I had an appointment within the quarantine period and I could not present:

-You will receive an email with the reassignment of the new appointment (remember to always check the spam email), in relation to the expiration of the Precarious, on the Page and in the Official Gazette are the Provisions that extend said expiration dates: 1714/2020 and 1923/2020.

Can I start my process in quarantine period?

-You will be able to start the load and when completing all the steps -payments and documentation load- wait for the appointment and your precarious, if you cannot meet any of them, it will be waiting for its completion. Keep in mind that the appointment can be made as long as the quarantine period has ended, otherwise you will receive in the following days an email with the rescheduling - always check the spam email and the information on the Page.

I do not receive the credential, how do I do?

- Keep in mind, if it is a family group charge, to receive it, all the paid ballots must be, especially those of the head of the group - remember to always check spam mail.

I had an appointment for example for a date before quarantine and I could not attend, how do I do?

-Email us ([email protected]) with all your information so we schedule and respond.

I loaded everything and the 90 days have passed.

-In these cases you inform us by email, so we check and refer you.

I started my procedure last year and now I get an email to present documentation, how do I do?

-If you already showed up for the appointment and have a file number, you can send the documentation in PDF format here -remember to always add the Precarious number- Please in Subject: Precarious Number - Documentation in pdf format.

If you still do not have the certificate of residence.
- The process can be completed as follows: uploading an invoice or service in your name, or a note explaining the reasons why you could not obtain the certificate of residence.

Shift rescheduling
In attention to the situation linked to the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 and in compliance with the recommendations emanating from Decree DNU 260/2020 and related norms, the shifts agreed for RADEX residence procedures will be rescheduled until NEW NOTICE. The new appointments will be communicated via email, and will be assigned once the Health Authority establishes the standardization of attention to the public in the National Public Administration.
The precarious ones obtained based on the rescheduled shifts from March 17 onwards have been extended for 30 days by Regulation 1714/2020.
Likewise, the National Directorate of Migrations and the Executive Secretary of CONARE have set up new NON-PRESENTIAL care channels.

I would still suggest anyone to hire a lawyer to take care renewals. It should cost less than $100 and they take care of everything in RADEX and arranging any in-person appointments, getting your records etc. They even wait in line for you. Then if there are any issues that arise in all this confusion they can deal with them directly with Migraciones or any other agency on your behalf so you do not need to worry.

$60 or pandemic-induced-migraciones-total-collapse-computer-says-no-stress? Your choice.

I really wish Migraciones would waive the in person interview requirement for renewals. All they will do is take your finger prints (again) and take your photo (again) and the employee probably will not even say a word. There is no practical reason that it cannot be processed behind closed doors. Can imagine there will be a massive backlog of rescheduled appointments and getting new appointments will be a challenge - not sure how many months it will take to clear up and what kind of issues this will open up in the meantime.

I really wish Migraciones would waive the in person interview requirement for renewals. All they will do is take your finger prints (again) and take your photo (again) and the employee probably will not even say a word. There is no practical reason that it cannot be processed behind closed doors. Can imagine there will be a massive backlog of rescheduled appointments and getting new appointments will be a challenge - not sure how many months it will take to clear up and what kind of issues this will open up in the meantime.

That would make sense and... well... you know...

I would still suggest anyone to hire a lawyer to take care renewals. It should cost less than $100 and they take care of everything in RADEX and arranging any in-person appointments, getting your records etc. They even wait in line for you. Then if there are any issues that arise in all this confusion they can deal with them directly with Migraciones or any other agency on your behalf so you do not need to worry.
$60 or pandemic-induced-migraciones-total-collapse-computer-says-no-stress? Your choice.
The government advice I am receiving for renewing a DNI extranjero is not through RADEX but through Renaper or the Av. Hipólito Yrigoyen address. These are closed now due to the cuarantena. However I am in contact now with Registro Nacional de las Personas @ +54 9 11 6436-9981 on WhatsApp. They have asked for basic information in order to give a reply.

You are wrong, the deadline didn't happen.
The administrative deadlines are suspended.

You are wrong, the deadline didn't happen.
The administrative deadlines are suspended.
You keep repeating this but frankly it means nothing. Nothing has been suspended beyond the 30 day validity of the DNU. So for those whose DNIs or residency expire after June 15. Nada. This is your own interpretation nada más. Maybe they will keep extending the deadlines with DNUs (who knows) but as of today if your residency expires on 1 July it still expires on 1 July. Prove me wrong, without citing some biblical jurisprudence BS.

The government advice I am receiving for renewing a DNI extranjero is not through RADEX but through Renaper or the Av. Hipólito Yrigoyen address. These are closed now due to the cuarantena. However I am in contact now with Registro Nacional de las Personas @ +54 9 11 6436-9981 on WhatsApp. They have asked for basic information in order to give a reply.
Please give us an update when you get a reply.
I was in the same position, my DNI was going to expire in April. I sent an email to the address posted by @Bajo_cero2, never received a reply. But I had to head back to the US (in May), so I'm gonna have to see how I get the ball rolling again when I return to BA.

Back