When will life return to normal?

Survival here and in Arg... Fishing, hunting, gathering etc. Fishing poles, bows, even sling shots you can pick of a lot of birds with sling shot. If you have those skill sets. Most do not and are totally dependent on the system. Guns would make this process a lot easier but I do not think there is time to go through that process nor would I want to at this point.
The population of the greater Buenos Aires city is around 13 million people. Even if we assume only 10% will left be in a bad enough economical state to be without food, that would be 1.3 million people running around with fishing rods and sling shots. Poor birds and fish, I say.

The population of the greater Buenos Aires city is around 13 million people. Even if we assume only 10% will left be in a bad enough economical state to be without food, that would be 1.3 million people running around with fishing rods and sling shots. Poor birds and fish, I say.
The best weapon to use to catch fish in the city is a can opener.

No they will herd you will be dinner.

Fact - Death by covid 19 is rare for under 60s and the averagely healthy. Why is the focus not on the most vulnerable, the over 60s and those with underlying health complications, quarantining themselves while the less vulnerable continue as normal as possible and allow 'herd immunity' to build. People will still get sick and die but anymore than total quarantine? The emotional and financial pressure and uncertainty caused by total quarantine will also claim lives and damage people.

Fact - Death by covid 19 is rare for under 60s and the averagely healthy. Why is the focus not on the most vulnerable, the over 60s and those with underlying health complications, quarantining themselves while the less vulnerable continue as normal as possible and allow 'herd immunity' to build. People will still get sick and die but anymore than total quarantine? The emotional and financial pressure and uncertainty caused by total quarantine will also claim lives and damage people.

There was lots of pressure on politicians to 'take action'. Criticism for those that were cautious. The media and the politicians profit from the crisis. There's not much political glory in letting younger people have the flu for a week then go back to work. Just like 2008 those that cause the wreckage will be be honored for their leadership during the crisis.

Last edited:
Well, it may have been helpful to have acted more quickly (I am talking all nations) when the COVID-19 situation because apparent in China. Isolating the vulnerable in other countries then may have helped rather than waiting. It seems every country was willing to believe the situation would be solved by time it got to them. Argentina reacted among the quickest, but only within it already being too late.

Italy's situaiton has been clear for weeks and weeks but only over the last week have countries, including Argentina, took major steps. We should have started the month like this.

Nations will look back on this and determine the outbreak was handled badly. Really badly. If they dont then they should. 8 billion people and the majority living in close proximity to each other. Come on.

1-no plan ready to go for the eventuality of an epidemic or pandamic. Its not as if there havent been recent warnings and scares.

2-the tardiness and halfheartedness and then panic in applying measures

3-the actual over the top illthought out knee jerk measures take

4-the lack of consideration that the shutting down of society will have on society on the long term. If we see the virus pandemic as a war then we consider that more vietnam, malvinas/falklands vets died through suicide and destitution than in combat itself then the potential longer term negative affects on families and society as a whole have to be considered at the same time as shorter term affects through measures currently being applied.

Like I say quarentine (strictly) the most vulnerable while the rest of society continues with modifications to avoid getting and spreading the virus allowing time for herd immunisation to grow and a vaccine/cure to be developed. Like South Korea is doing?

What really baffles me as a B2B digital web based company sales have not dropped off yet. Even while I wont spend a dime on anything that is not survival related and cutting back every expense at the same time. I thought business would we be dead a month ago even went so far as to pay off all debts etc. Still on cruise control be interesting to see how long this lasts.

Back